Transfix is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Transfix was named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Company" in 2018.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Marketing is a crucial role for Transfix, helping to drive acquisition and retention of customers, who care just as much about their customers as we do. Marketing also works tirelessly to build great relationships with key stakeholders to our business including truckers, industry experts and the media.
As the VP of Marketing, you will lead, build and oversee all aspects of marketing, drive Transfix’s communication strategy and play a formative role in establishing our brand on the national stage. First and foremost, this requires an exceptional sense of how to create a strong go-to-market strategy--and implement at scale. You will also need to be confident and collaborative when working with other senior leadership, as alignment on strategy and goals is key to our revenue success. Additionally, while you will build, manage and inspire a team of marketing experts, you will also need to be a strong individual contributor, with brand, communications, demand generation, content, field marketing experience. Ideally, you will also have strong experience in business and consumer marketing.
Reporting directly to the COO, the VP, Marketing will be responsible for leading strategic and day-to-day marketing initiatives for Transfix, with a specific focus on brand development and driving growth in demand and supply for the marketplace.
What we're looking for:
* Creating, launching and scaling a brand leading to significantly increased awareness and sales pipeline/conversions; bonus points if the results were with large enterprise/Fortune 500 accounts
* Develop Transfix’s marketing strategy and build a world-class marketing team to attract target customers..
* Test, develop and scale multi-channel marketing strategies to attract shippers or carriers leveraging: SEO/SEM, PPC, social media, video, targeted direct mail, email marketing, content marketing including whitepapers/guides, checklists, infographics, videos,social media and blog posts.
* Create high-impact, go-to-market plans to support the launch of new products, the release of product updates, and the sharing of critical product news.
* Work closely with the sales, business development and account management teams, enabling them to meet their objectives by providing them with appropriate tools and materials.
* Develop and manage the marketing budget. Manage in house as well as outsourced resources efficiently and effectively to deliver high ROI efforts.
* Maintain a strong understanding of competitive intelligence to support differentiation of Transfix products versus peers for marketing communications and enabling sales.
* Lead PR and communications efforts for the company.
* Work and communicate effectively with the leadership team to help facilitate overall organizational growth and ensure company goals are aligned.
* Collaborate with sales and other revenue leadership to ensure sales alignment across the customer lifecycle.
* 10-15+ years in progressive marketing roles, including experience leading and mentoring high-performing marketing teams.
* You have experience working in entrepreneurial environments with direct and measurable contributions to the growth of the business.
* You’re a strong B2B and B2C marketer with experience across all facets of marketing (from brand and communications to demand gen) with P&L experience
* You have experience and passion creating a brand that drives a new category. Ability to form a vision, develop a strategy, design innovative campaigns and drive...
Interstate freight shipping – on demand, automated, real-time transparency.
Our integrated mobile app and web platform matches truck drivers w/ shippers.
"Transfix brings the Uber model to the $800 billion dollar trucking industry."
– Liz Gannes, Re/code
"How the Trucking Industry Could Be Vastly More Efficient"
– Eric Jaffe, CityLab (The Atlantic)