We are looking for a senior firmware developer/electronic engineer to help us with the development of our connected device.
• Taking a leading role in the development of our product
• Participate in the finalisation of the hardware part of our product for getting into full production (firmware development, algorithm development, functional optimisation/improvements, resolving manufacturing and customer issues relating to firmware, documentation/bug tracking/version control source code).
We are a London-based startup founded by two passionate engineers revolutionising the equine care with data and technology.
Our product is a 24/7 horse health and welfare monitoring technology.
Trackener’s device and associated app provide a detailed analysis of a horse’s life, 24hrs a day, whether in the stable or the field, and whether with their carer or alone. This allows for early detection of problems as well as insight into the horses’ exercise sessions and general health to help preventing problems to happen.
The Trackener platform also provides alerts when our system detects a potential problem with the horse.
• Advanced C/C++ programming of Cortex M processors, with experience of low-level techniques for power efficiency.
• Schematic design and board layout of microcontroller systems involving RF communication
• Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Write scalable, readable, maintainable code
• Supervision and project management skills.
• Available at least 20 hours/week. Ideally with the possibility to turn into full time asap.
• 3+ Years experience
• Based in London (or have the possibility to come to London at least once a week) and have permission to work in the UK
NICE TO HAVE
• Track record of prototyping and product development with STM32 & FreeRTOS
• Proficient understanding of Git
• Experience with GSM, RF.
• Any knowledge / experience with LPWAN communications.
• A keen interest in IoT applications.
• Sports / Health knowledge - either human or animal
• Development agencies
• Resource augmentation agencies
We cannot support visa applications so you must have permission to work in the UK before applying.
• We are based in the heart of Shoreditch London in a cool coworking space.
• Being one of the first employees in a growing startup
• Salary depending on experience and possibility to get equities
• Opportunity to go out to horse yards to do some real conditions testing.
• Horses and ponies always mean fun so there will never be a boring day with us!
Please apply by emailing us a portfolio link with CV at email@example.com
Trackener aims at revolutionising equine care with data and technology.
For the moment, daily horse care relies principally on visual assessment and gut feeling, which is very limited. Horse owners and carers are doing their best to take care of the horses but the horses still experience health problems.
Thanks to Trackener Life device worn by the horses 24/7, horse owners and carers can get unprecedented insights on the mobile app about the horses’ free activity, sleep and anxiety, and about the exercise sessions, and get real-time alerts in case of critical problem.
Our device gathers data about all the horse’s movement, activity, location and heart rate. All these data are sent automatically to our cloud and analysed immediately. Trackener Life device can be placed within our ergonomically designed lycra horse bib, comfortable on the horse in the stable and in the field, and on a girth strap for when the horse is being ridden.