Are you looking to flex your teaching/ customer service muscles at one of Toronto's fastest growing startups? Can you make explaining a new technology solution sound like a dream come true? You will work with new customers (which happen to be professors) to help adopt technology that will transform their lectures into a modern classroom!
We're growing like crazy, and that's where you come in! We're looking for you to become our newest onboarding specialist!
About the Gig:
• You will manage each new professor’s customized onboarding journey and ensure they are totally ready to adopt the platform for their upcoming class
• You ensure customers are familiar (some might say experts) with using the platform in their classroom
• You will share best practices on how to format lectures and effectively teach using the Top Hat platform
• You ensure that each professor is proactively prepared for the beginning of the semester to ensure full readiness of both the students and professor
• You will manage your full onboarding pipeline of new professors from signing the contract, to training, to full utilization, to the first day of class
• You are very organized and comfortable managing high volume of training sessions and tasks
• You are eloquent in your communication skills (especially over the phone, you have a way in establishing relationships)
• You are familiar with technology and competent with computers
• Having a teaching or training background is highly preferred
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating profitably since its 2009 launch.
In 2016, Top Hat was named Canadian StartUp of the Year... and we are pretty proud of our incredible team for the work that got us here. We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
- Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
- We offer catered lunch, snacks and drinks every day!
- Conveniently located on the TTC subway line and we can help subsidize your metro pass.
- We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting).
- Our dress code is casual ... but ask us about our history of Tip Top Fridays!
To apply, check out this site!
Top Hat provides educators the ability to interface with large classrooms, by using devices that students already own to make the classroom more engaging.
Students use their own devices to respond to quizzes, engage in live discussions, and manipulate interactive simulations. Professors get real-time feedback on student comprehension to adjust their lectures on the fly.