Syte, an e-commerce visual search platform, gets $30 million Series C to expand in the U.S. and Asia
- Tel Aviv-based visual search and product discovery platform Syte plans to expand in the United States and Asia-Pacific region after its latest funding. The startup announced today it has raised a $30 million Series C, with an additional $10 million in debt.
- The round was led by Viola Ventures, with participation from LG Tech Ventures, La Maison, MizMaa Ventures, Kreos Capital, and returning investors Magma, Naver Corporation, Commerce Ventures, Storm Ventures, Axess Ventures, Remagine Media Ventures and KDS Media Fund. The startup has now raised a total of $71 million.
- Launched in 2015 to focus on visual search for clothing, Syte’s… Show more
- The Video Game Entertainment and News Network (VENN) announced a $26 million Series A investment round co-led by BITKRAFT Ventures, an eSports and gaming venture capital firm, as well as Nexstar Media Group. Eldridge, WISE Ventures, Alumni Ventures Group, and the majority of the companies' existing seed investors also participated in the round.
- The network started out in streaming, but will now be moving some of its shows to linear television through its strategic partnership with Nexstar. Large production networks typically operated in the opposite direction — making shows for linear TV and then selling them to streaming distribut… Show more
When a startup founder shepherds his company to a successful exit (IPO), what are the paydays like? We dove into major tech IPO's since 2018 to find out. Note that paydays aren't necessarily what the founders took home at the IPO (shares are usually subject to a 6 month lockup), rather they're what the founder was worth at the IPO price on the day the company IPO'd.
- Perch, a Boston startup that has built a tech platform that it uses both to buy up and then run D2C brands sold on Amazon, has raised $123.5 million in funding and announcing a major round of growth funding to expand its business.
- The funding — which brings the total raised by Perch to over $130 million — is being led by Spark Capital, with previous backer Tectonic Ventures and new investor Boston Seed also participating. The startup is not disclosing its valuation with this round.
- Perch plans to use the capital mainly to continue acquiring D2C businesses, as well as to build out its team and invest in its platform.