- Residents of Shenzhen will see truly driverless cars on the road.
- AutoX, a four-year-old startup backed by Alibaba, MediaTek and Shanghai Motors, is deploying a fleet of 25 unmanned vehicles in downtown Shenzhen, marking the first time any autonomous driving car in China tests without safety drivers or remote operators on public roads.
- The cars, meant as robotaxis, are not yet open to the public. The milestone came just five months after AutoX landed a permit from California to start driverless tests, following in the footsteps of Waymo and Nuro.
Self-driving robotaxis are taking off in China
AutoX's robo-taxi service in Shenzhen leaves out the human driver
AutoX and Didi are driving the future of autonomous taxis in China
- Space tourism startup Space Perspective has raised a new $7 million in seed funding, from investors including Prime Movers Lab and Base Ventures.
- The company is focused on developing Spaceship Neptune, a pressurized passenger capsule that is meant to be carried by an ultra-high altitude balloon to the very edge of space to provide passengers with an unparalleled view.
- Spaceship Neptune is designed to carry up to eight passengers per trip, on a six-hour journey that will include two hours spent at the upper edge of Earth’s atmosphere and a water landing in the Atlantic Ocean.
- The first test flight is currently targeted for the end… Show more
Stratospheric ballooning company Space Perspective raises $7 million - SpaceNews
Space Perspective wants to take tourists on balloon rides to the stratosphere
- Indian marketplace for second-hand vehicles Cars24 has raised $200 million in a Series E round led by DST Global, which also saw participation from its existing investors Exor Seeds, Moore Strategic Ventures, and Unbound.
- With the latest funding round, Cars24 valuation soars past a billion dollars, making it the latest unicorn in the country.
- CARS24 has pioneered a significantly differentiated experience for the customer and dealer by deeply leveraging data and technology at each step, resulting in world-class operational efficiency and market leadership in the segment
Gurgaon-based used car website Cars24 is the latest Unicorn startup
Cars24 becomes the first unicorn from used car space
Cars24 raises new funds led by DST Global, valuation hits $1 billion
Cars24 is India's latest unicorn with $200 million funding round led by DST Global
- Leading on-demand digital freight platform Loadsmart has raised a $90 million Series C funding round, led by funds under management by BlackRock and co-led by Chromo Invest.
- In addition to TFI, the round also saw renewed investment from Maersk, a global oceanic shipping leader and one of Loadsmart’s strategic backers since its Series A round.
- Loadsmart offers booking for freight transportation across land, rail and through ports, all from a single online portal. It recently added the ability to ship partial truckloads, and its consistency brought in new strategic investors deeply involved in all aspects of the industry, includi… Show more