- As IBM transitions from software and services to a company fully focussed on hybrid cloud management, it announced its intention to buy Instana, an applications performance management startup with a cloud native approach that fits firmly within that strategy.
- With Instana, IBM can build on its internal management tools, giving it a way to monitor containerized environments running Kubernetes. It hopes by adding the startup to the fold it can give customers a way to manage complex hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- The deal per usual is subject to regulatory approvals, but the company believes it should close in the next few mont… Show more
IBM Acquires Instana To Advance Its Hybrid Cloud
IBM acquires Instana for its AI-powered app performance monitoring
IBM To Acquire Instana | FinSMEs
IBM Announces Its Second Cloud-Related Acquisition This Week | The Motley Fool
- Autodesk, the U.S. publicly listed software and services company that targets engineering and design industries, has acquired Norway’s Spacemaker, a startup that has developed AI-supported software for urban development.
- The price of the acquisition is $240 million in a mostly all-cash deal. Spacemaker’s VC backers include European firms Atomico and Northzone, which co-led the company’s $25 million Series A round in 2019. Other investors on the cap table include Nordic real estate innovator NREP, Nordic property developer OBOS, U.K. real estate technology fund Round Hill Ventures and Norway’s Construct Venture.
- Spacemaker team de… Show more
Autodesk Acquires Spacemaker: Offers Architects AI-powered Generative Design to Explore Best Urban Design Options | Autodesk News
Autodesk acquires AI-based design firm Spacemaker | ZDNet
Autodesk to Acquire Spacemaker, for $240M | FinSMEs
The Briefing: Autodesk Acquires Spacemaker, PingCAP Lands $270M, And More
- Palo Alto Networks has announced the acquisition of Expanse to boost the capabilities of the firm's Cortex cybersecurity product portfolio.
- The purchase will be used to bolster the Cortex portfolio with Expanse's attack surface management solutions.
- The deal was secured for $670 million in cash and stock, as well as roughly $130 million in replacement equity awards - although these amounts may be adjusted.
- San Francisco-based Expanse develops solutions designed to monitor attack surfaces in order to perform risk assessments and mitigate threats.
- The platform includes a dashboard for discovering and monitoring Internet assets, s… Show more
Palo Alto Networks to buy attack surface management company Expanse in a deal valued at $800 million
Palo Alto Networks to acquire Expanse in deal worth $800M
Palo Alto Networks Acquiring Expanse for $800 Million
Palo Alto Networks takes aim at the attack surface with $800M Expanse buy
- Salto, a Tel Aviv-based open-source startup that allows you to configure SaaS platforms like Salesforce, NetSuite and HubSpot with code, is coming out of stealth today and announced that it has raised a $27 million Series A round.
- This round was led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.
- The general idea here — which is similar to the “infrastructure-as-code” movement — is to allow business operations teams to automate the labor-intensive and error-prone ways they currently use to manage SaaS platforms.
- Like other open-source companies, Salto’s business model involved selling a hosted … Show more
Salto Raises $27M in Funding | FinSMEs
Israeli SaaS co Salto raises $27m
Salto emerges from stealth with $27M and a Company-as-a-Code approach