One of the most common ideas amongst those who don't believe in Zoom as a business is that their tech is easily replicable... This group of naysayers often suggest that it's only a matter of time before the product is crushed by Microsoft, Google or Facebook. This is what they were saying in January.
- PayPal Holdings Inc joined the cryptocurrency market on Wednesday, allowing customers to buy, sell and hold bitcoin and other virtual coins using the U.S. digital payments company’s online wallets.
- PayPal customers will also be able to use cryptocurrencies to shop at the 26 million merchants on its network starting in early 2021. PayPal hopes the service will encourage global use of virtual coins and prepare its network for new digital currencies that may be developed by central banks and corporations.
- U.S. account holders will be able to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies in their PayPal wallets over the coming weeks. It plans to… Show more
Companies that do everything from manufacturing phones to operating social-media platforms now account for nearly 40% of the S&P 500
- South Korean memory chip manufacturer SK Hynix announced a $9 billion deal with Intel. It’s acquiring Intel’s “NAND memory and storage business, which includes the NAND SSD business, the NAND component and wafer business, and the Dalian NAND memory manufacturing facility in China.”
- The deal is pending government approval, and both parties expect it to close by late next year. It also follows Apple acquiring Intel’s smartphone modem business last year.
- In a statement, Intel CEO Bob Swan said “For Intel, this transaction will allow us to further prioritize our investments in differentiated technology.”