Director of Community @angellist. No 1 Hunter on @product-hunt .
- The startup Inrupt launched by internet founder Sir Tim Berners-Lee is stepping up activity in its mission to build a new world wide web.
- In the works are a new operational team and pilot projects as Inrupt strives to create a “massively scalable, production-quality technology platform.”
- Berners-Lee pioneered the internet in 1989 but is not happy with the way it has been taken over by profit-seeking enterprises. He said there is interest from open source developers, entrepreneurs, tech company executives and government officials who all want to back Inrupt’s pursuit to decentralize the internet and give users control.
- Inrupt has brought on five top technologists including veteran cryptography expert Bruce Schneier to serve as the head of security architecture.
- The startup is also teaming up with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority in the U.K. for an “early years” app that will digitize medical files for children up to the age of 2.5 years.