Director of Community @angellist. No 1 Hunter on @product-hunt .
Once the number of remote workers reaches a critical mass, here are few ways life will change than before:
- We will see a brain drain away from cities for the first time in generations.
- Fewer people will commute, and traffic patterns will normalize.
- Housing markets will crash and shift.
- Demand for office leasing and commercial real estate will plummet.
- Millions of jobs will disappear while new ones are created.
- The balance of power will shift from employer to employee.
- Consumptions patterns will shift from material goods to experiences.
- The global middle class should grow.
- Traditional universities will lose value.
- The global financial landscape will change.
- We will have a global citizenship/taxation system.
- Birth and marriage rates in the developed world will continue to decline.