The New York Times describes PaperG as "an ad engine to put Mad Men out of business." We're changing how digital ads are created and distributed by automating much of what people thought couldn't be done by computer. Our technology retrieves all the relevant content about an advertiser across the web to intelligently design a beautiful set of ads for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices all in under a minute.
WHY IS SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IMPORTANT TO PAPERG?
PaperG has built the very first Creative Management Platform. We often push the limits of what can be done in a browser. Thousands of users interact with our platform every day and we strive to make that interaction as seamless as possible. Millions of people around the world see the ads our platform creates. There are a lot of manual processes in the advertising industry that we automate and augment with our platform.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU MIGHT WORK ON?
* Automating ad delivery for any number of ad sizes and variations across any number of platforms (such as Google, Facebook, Instagram)
* Ensuring ads render quickly and consistently for all users globally and automatically adapt to the constraints imposed by ad servers
* Scaling our system to handle billions of ad impressions per month
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER IMPORTANT TRAITS AND FOCUSES?
* Continuous learning and teaching
* Automating everything
* Promoting best practices and coding standards
* Strong opinions, weakly held
* Correctness, simplicity and maintainability
Thunder's technology has been called by The New York Times as “An Ad Engine To Put Mad Men Out Of Business.” It removes creative friction to allow advertisers to build more ads, faster. By doing so, Thunder scales ad creatives across devices, formats, and volume. Marketing enterprises can now easily tailor and test their trillions of ad impressions.
Thunder’s creative management platform powers desktop and mobile display advertising for over 100 media companies and agencies as well as over 10,000 advertisers. Notable customers include InterContinental Hotels Group, Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications, Hearst, and Yelp.