THINX’s mission is to create the most innovative period solutions that empower our people and sustain our planet, while breaking taboos about menstruation and reproductive health everywhere. Our innovation in period-proof underwear has been recognized by top industry publications, such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2017, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Most Brilliant Companies of 2016, and TIME Magazine’s Top 25 Inventions of 2015.
***To be considered for this role at THINX + Icon, please apply through our job board: https://jobs.lever.co/thinx/ed6be007-f9b4-4e6d-a78e-dbbd045e915c
Thinx is looking for a Director of Events and Engagement to strategically and creatively build customer experiences beyond our current e-commerce business. The Events and Engagement team is Thinx’s internal department that services pre-sale opportunities, product education, events, pop ups and brand ambassador program.
In this role, you’ll be heading the brand team, working with our cross-functional teams and partners to drive all aspects of Thinx offline experiences. You will support our marketing strategy with a particular focus on event execution and community engagement. You will manage all aspects of initiatives including proposal creation, budget development and reconciliation, and logistics. You are a team player who can multi-task, is creative with a keen eye for detail, and believe that events are the ultimate brand experience. This position is responsible for providing leadership, vision and professional development to the department, formulate processes and plans, establish short-term and long-term goals and then lead the team in the successful application and execution of the ideas and experiences.
● Work in partnership with brand, content, and design teams to align key objectives, develop creative solutions and deliver extraordinary Thinx experiences
● Oversee multiple experiential initiatives at one time; maintaining a high level of account management and overall program execution including strategic planning and built-in metrics
● Source and work with outside vendors and agencies to bring ideas to life, maintaining ongoing relationships with vendors to deliver best results
● Analyze event, industry and competitive data to drive strategic recommendations and improve effectiveness and efficiency of events
● Create detailed proposals and briefing documents for all events, including timelines, agenda, layouts, venues, vendors, staffing, and budgets
● Ensure effective control and adjustments of marketing results and budget.
● Own the planning process, leading your team throughout the process, mentoring and lending support when needed
● Inspire and create - Brainstorm sessions (lead and participate)
● Establish and maintain consistent brand image throughout all experiences and events.
● Monitor and know current trends and environmental status of the industry to develop marketing and products options to capitalize on these realities
• Great communicator – loves making connections
• Creative problem solver
• Leader, good at motivating others
• Empathetic – willingness to listen
• Professional, but can balance that with fun
• Extremely organized - laser focused on details
• Results oriented - takes pride in delivering consistently high-quality work
• High level of integrity and dependability
• Collaborative and willing to roll up sleeves
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Passionate about female empowerment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of events, marketing and/or communications experience. Media, technology brand, and/or advertising experience preferred
• Excellent judgment, special event execution and ability to juggle multiple assignments in fast-paced environment
• Strategic planning and budgeting experience.
• Excellent writing skills, ability to work well under pressure, meet constant deadlines
• Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to think in a global capacity and the ability to communicate in a clear and persuasive manner
• Self-motivated, collaboration skill and an eye for detail; customer-centric and experience minded
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and building/maintaining collaborative relationships.
• Ability to lead and mentor
• Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft programs/Google docs/Keynote/PPT
• Has a broad range of contacts within the industry to leverage as resources
Our mission at THINX is to create the most innovative period solutions that empower every body and sustain our planet. Since 2014, we’ve been smashing taboos surrounding menstruation and reproductive health with the products we create and the conversations we start.
Our groundbreaking period-proof underwear and its patented 4-layer technology have been recognized by top industry publications: Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2017, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Most Brilliant Companies of 2016, and TIME Magazine’s Top 25 Inventions of 2015. THINX was also named a Gold winner in the Most Innovative Consumer Product of the Year category for the 2017 Best in Biz Awards.