THINX’s mission is to create the most innovative period solutions that empower our people and sustain our planet, while breaking taboos about menstruation and reproductive health everywhere. Our innovation in period-proof underwear has been recognized by top industry publications, such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2017, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Most Brilliant Companies of 2016, and TIME Magazine’s Top 25 Inventions of 2015.
Thinx is looking for an Events and Engagement Manager to strategically and creatively build customer experiences beyond our current e-commerce business. The Events and Engagement team is Thinx’s internal department that services pre-sale opportunities, product education, events, pop ups and brand ambassador program.
In this role, you’ll be part of the brand team, working with our cross-functional teams and partners to drive all aspects of Thinx offline experiences. You will support our marketing strategy with a particular focus on event execution and community engagement. You will manage all aspects of initiatives including proposal creation, budget development and reconciliation, and logistics. You are a team player who can multi-task, is creative with a keen eye for detail, and believe that events are the ultimate brand experience. This position is responsible for providing leadership, vision and professional development to the department, formulate processes and plans, establish short-term and long-term goals and then lead the team in the successful application and execution of the ideas and experiences.
● Work in partnership with brand, content, and design teams to align key objectives, develop creative solutions and deliver extraordinary Thinx experiences
● Oversee multiple experiential initiatives at one time; maintaining a high level of account management and overall program execution including strategic planning and built-in metrics
● Source and work with outside vendors and agencies to bring ideas to life, maintaining ongoing relationships with vendors to deliver best results
● Analyze event, industry and competitive data to drive strategic recommendations and improve effectiveness and efficiency of events
● Create detailed proposals and briefing documents for all events, including timelines, agenda, layouts, venues, vendors, staffing, and budgets
● Ensure effective control and adjustments of marketing results and budget.
● Own the planning process, leading your team throughout the process, mentoring and lending support when needed
● Inspire and create - Brainstorm sessions (lead and participate)
● Establish and maintain consistent brand image throughout all experiences and events.
● Monitor and know current trends and environmental status of the industry to develop marketing and products options to capitalize on these realities
• Great communicator – loves making connections
• Creative problem solver
• Leader, good at motivating others
• Empathetic – willingness to listen
• Professional, but can balance that with fun
• Extremely organized - laser focused on details
• Results oriented - takes pride in delivering consistently high-quality work
• High level of integrity and dependability
• Collaborative and willing to roll up sleeves
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Passionate about female empowerment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of events, marketing and/or communications experience. Media, technology brand, and/or advertising experience preferred
• Excellent judgment, special event execution and ability to juggle multiple assignments in fast-paced environment
• Strategic planning and budgeting experience.
• Excellent writing skills, ability to work well under pressure, meet constant deadlines
• Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to think in a global capacity and the ability to communicate in a clear and persuasive manner
• Self-motivated, collaboration skill and an eye for detail; customer-centric and experience minded
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and building/maintaining collaborative relationships.
• Ability to lead and mentor
• Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft programs/Google docs/Keynote/PPT
• Has a broad range of contacts within the industry to leverage as resources
THINX is disrupting the feminine hygiene space.
Nearly all women on the planet require feminine hygiene products for the better part of their lives and there has been little to no innovation in this industry in nearly 50 years. It also happens to be $15 billion+ sector. This space is ripe for disruption.
We officially launched our first patented innovation in May of 2015 - a gorgeous undergarment that is absorbent and leak/stain-resistant. Our next patent is going to replace the need for tampon applicators (did you know that 20 billion menstrual products end up in a landfill annually?). We have 2 other patented products in the works that are equally game-changing for womenkind.
Feminine hygiene is also a big issue in the developing world and is causing millions of girls to drop out of school. We are solving this too.