The long-term vision is a mobile app that lets you "browse" your immediate surroundings... getting information about wherever you happen to be.
The first step toward that vision is app(s) for large events and venues - any place that currently prints a map, guide or directory - like conventions, malls, museums, etc.
The mobile app allows a visitor to
- find themselves on a floor map
- see a list of points-of-interest (stores in a mall, exhibitors at a conference, etc)
- see associated media (documents, audio, video, links, etc)
- scan an up-to-date schedule of events
- connect with other people at the event or venue
- connect with social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare
- search across all that data (e.g. search for "jeans" in a mall and get a list of stores, events, and specials that match that criteria)
- see a outdoor map of the surrounding area with highlighted locations
- take custom surveys
Venues know more about you when you visit their website, than when you walk through their doors. TapWalk changes that by providing even richer data and analytics about their brick & mortar customers - including app usage, search terms, and foot traffic patterns. The web-based admin also allows the event or venue to keep their own information current.
Demo link coming soon... since it's a mobile app, a simple link isn't quite so simple.