Stream is hiring an experienced PHP developer to work on open source API clients, integration libraries, and example applications for our scalable news and activity feed service. In this position you will be primarily responsible for development of our PHP projects. This will involve planning and structuring your development work, writing quality well-tested code, and authoring project documentation. You'll have support from and work together with our Developer Advocates to engage and strengthen the developer community on a daily basis.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A thorough understanding of the PHP language as well as the testing and tooling ecosystem (e.g. phpunit, Composer/Packagist)
- Experience applying Object Oriented Programming principles in PHP applications
- A track record of bringing projects built with PHP frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Silex, and CodeIgniter into production
- Strong understanding of the HTTP, REST web service principles and web security
- Dedication to working in a collaborative team setting with Github, quality testing and documentation
- Experience contributing to, or leading, open source projects and communities via Github.
- Building and/or maintaining PHP packages via Composer and Packagist
- Code quality and CI/CD tooling: Travis, Jenkins, Coveralls
- Cloud hosting for projects: AWS, Heroku
- Public speaking and writing skills also most welcome
Our Amsterdam office is located in the TQ tech space in the heart of the city. It's a fantastic building with all the amenities you'd expect. There's a cafe upstairs, a shared lunch area and a sports room with table tennis and badminton.
Stream is a small, talented group of people who are passionate about innovating on an incredible product. We care about each aspect of product development, whether it’s design, data-science, development or the monitoring on our servers.
- Our offices are located in the centers of Boulder and Amsterdam.
- Everyone on the team has a say in operations, from office locations to the employee benefits package.
- We are starting an exchange program where employees spend a week in the sister office to get to know the whole team face-to-face.
- The team is highly technical and collaborative; which makes Stream a great place to learn and further your skills.
- You'll get to work on a hard problem that impacts millions of users with a team of experienced developers and designers, who value your work and expertise.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- This role is geared toward technical skill development and growth as an open-source contributor.
- You want to have an impact with your work: be part of the team and technology that powers feeds for over 50 million end users.
- You’re excited about joining an experienced team, learning new things and sharing your knowledge every single day.
- You are excited to be part of a fast growing VC funded startup.
Stream is an API for building, scaling and personalizing feeds. The company is founded by the authors of the popular open source Stream-Framework, which has over 250,000 downloads.
More than 500,000 apps are still building and maintaining their own feed technology. All these companies go through the same struggle and reinvent the same technology. Stream enables developers to build feeds in days instead of months. Feeds are intelligently aggregated and re-ranked based on relevancy.
Over 500 companies are in production with Stream and are relying on our API. Stream powers the feeds for more than 200 million end users. Our investors include Arthur Ventures, Nicolas Dessaigne, Brad Feld/FGAngels, Techstars Ventures, Tahoma Ventures, Social Starts, Galvanize, Dharmesh Shah, Wayne Chang, Jud Valeski, Kyle Wild and James Powell.