Stockspot is Australia's fastest growing digital investment adviser. We're a venture capital funded financial technology (fintech) business based in Sydney. Automated investing (also known as roboadvice) is expected to become a US$2 trillion dollar industry by 2020 and we’re leading the charge in Australia, using technology to make investing convenient and accessible for everyone.
If you are looking for a slow-paced job building boring tech for a bank, this is not the role for you.
Stockspot is Australia's fastest growing automated investment business - we use technology to make investing more convenient, efficient and accessible.
Stockspot has been growing fast and we are now looking to add to our development team. We're looking for a back end developer with a desire to work with Python / Django who wants to be involved in building reliable, scaleable, and optimised systems and infrastructure with a good bunch of people.
If you are highly motivated and want to work with people who have the same passion and you have current experience in Python / Django or similar languages / frameworks then this is a great opportunity to work in a fast-growing fintech business.
In the role you will not only be working with the development team but be working closely with all other parts of the business including Client Care, Operations, Marketing, and Product development to create and maintain features and tools as the business continues to grow. This is very different to big organisations where you work on a single project/product within a silo.
You will get to work a variety of different technical challenges including API creation / integrations, trading / performance algorithms, and signup / on-boarding processes.
We're based at Tank Stream Labs, a tech co-working space in the Sydney CBD where we have tabletennis, free Friday breakfasts, yoga classes and a working bar. There's plenty to do in and around the office when you're not working.
- Collaboratively work in a small team
- Engineer, implement, test and maintain backend components
- Contribute to idea generation sessions
- Document technical specifications
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our back-end infrastructure
Skill and Experience
- Strong back end development experience in Python / Django or other similar frameworks
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- Solid documentation skills
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Good knowledge of Python / Django packages
- Good knowledge of git and git flow
- Strong relational database experience in SQL server (PostgreSQL / MySQL)
- Agile software development
- Building and implementing RESTful APIs
- Good working knowledge in front end development (e.g. jQuery, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3)
- Some interest in personal finance and/or tabletennis also a plus
Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Stockspot is Australia's fastest growing automated investment service. We're a venture capital funded financial technology (fintech) business based in the Sydney CBD. Automated investing (also known as roboadvice) is expected to become a US$450 billion dollar industry by 2020 and we’re leading the charge in Australia by making investing convenient and accessible for everyone. We were recently named in the Top 50 fintech businesses globally.
Check out our annual Fat Cat Fund Awards where we present the worst performing fund managers with a trophy (spoiler - they don't accept it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmpuofdX1GU
Founded in 2013, Stockspot is Australia’s largest and fastest growing digital investment adviser (robo adviser). We're using technology to make professional wealth management accessible to more Australians. We've done away with the high fees, confusing jargon, and lack of transparency that has given Australia’s wealth management industry a bad reputation.