About the Company:
tir is an up and coming startup based out of San Francisco that is transforming the way that people go out. We are a small team of 10+ that all work remotely. Every member of our team works together with the common goal of creating a successful company. We are a combination of students and industry leaders with high levels of experience from successful startups to large corporations such as Pandora and Ebay. We are a work-hard-play-hard environment that is committed to building a company from the ground up to watch it succeed. If you have always wanted to join a successful company at its inception this is your opportunity. We have procured successful business partnerships with industry leaders that give us a competitive advantage in the field. Stir is product that will truly transform the way people go out.
We are looking for an AngularJS Developer responsible for the client side of our customers dashboard. Your primary focus will be to implement and update user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app. The artistic design will be delivered to you, together with a few HTML templates, but we will ask for your help in regard to animations, CSS, and final HTML output. You will work in a team with the back-end developer, and communicate with the API using standard methods. A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure is required.
• Delivering a complete front end application
• Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
• Communicating with external web services
Skills and Qualifications:
• Professional, precise communication skills
• Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
• Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
• Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
• Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
• Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects and keeping the framerate above 30fps at all times
• Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
• Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
• Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
• Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
• Experience with all levels of operation available to the front-end, such as from • creating XHRs in vanilla JS to using a custom wrapper around $resource
• Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
• Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
• Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
• Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor (or a well reasoned alternative)
• Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Aligns with our goal of transforming the way people go out
• Ability to constructively assess Stir’s presence and create ideas to grow audience via video and streaming technology.
• Goal-oriented and a self-motivated individual who can demonstrate accountability, initiative, creativity and focus in a rapidly changing and intellectually stimulating environment
• Gain equity in an up and coming startup
• Expand your network through utilizing our team’s connections
• Monthly team happy hours
• Trips to Tahoe
• Gain experience in an early-stage startup where every task is critical and you aren’t restricted to your job title.
If you are sincerely interested in working with us, please message us directly through our website: http://stirapp.co/
**Disclaimer: We will only consider candidates who message us directly through our website**
Connect with us!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/stirappco
Follow us on Instagram: @getstirapp http://instagram.com/getstirapp
Follow us on Twitter: @getstir http://twitter.com/getstir
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stirapp
Read about us on Medium: https://medium.com/@stirapp/
At Stir we set out to create a product with the goal of transforming the way people go out. For users, we solve the never-ending problem of not knowing where to go. What beers are on tap around me? Is that bar crowded? For venues, we provide custom data analytics and customer outreach in order to maximize your potential.
The use cases for Stir are endless and the iterations continuous. We need people who are smart, creative, entrepreneurial and understand the pain points we are looking to solve from both a user and business perspective.
We look forward to working with you, cheers!