As the first syndicate focused exclusively on digital health, the StartUp Health Syndicate features select investment opportunities from companies in the StartUp Health Academy.
By backing our Syndicate, you will get exclusive access to StartUp Health companies and their innovations, such as Tute Genomics, a cloud-based whole genome analysis for precision medicine, CoheroHealth, a connected health platform empowering respiratory patients, and Zeel, a Massage on Demand service. We are directly aligned with our syndicate backers as equity holders in each company. And, we are excited to announce we are now investing $25,000 in every deal we syndicate.
About StartUp Health
StartUp Health is a global organization leading the movement to transform health by building a community of Healthcare Transformers. Our full-time team of entrepreneur coaches provide programming and relationships for every stage of a company’s lifecycle. Over the last few years, we have helped our 150 portfolio companies through significant milestones including Seed, Series A and B financings, and 6 successful M&A transactions, including acquisitions by Intel, WebMD and Under Armour.
Our diverse portfolio of digital health and wellness companies, ranging from a prescription optimization platform that reduces drug costs to a non-invasive device that restores near-normal walking ability for patients with mobility challenges, are located in 12 countries and more than 60 cities. Our companies have cumulatively raised over $300M since joining StartUp Health.
- StartUp Health is chaired by Jerry Levin, former chairman and CEO of Time Warner, and led by serial entrepreneurs, Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes.
- Our investors and partners include Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Roger Ehrenberg, Wayne Kimmel and Jason Finger as well as Aurora Health Care, California Healthcare Foundation, Cleveland Clinic, Conifer Health Solutions, GE Ventures, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and SeventySix Capital.
Our StartUp Health Insights™ database is actively tracking digital health investments as well as over 7,000 digital health startups globally--giving us unique insight into new technologies, solutions, business models and talent. 2016 began with a record setting quarter with over $1.8B invested into digital health companies in Q1. We’re seeing increasing opportunity for angel investors to gain access to more mature deals as more investment capital is being deployed into fewer deals.
Learn more about StartUp Health.
The StartUp Health Syndicate features select StartUp Health companies that have met specific criteria and milestones.
All StartUp Health Syndicate deals have received commitments for at least 50% of their round, with at least 20% of the round from a notable institutional or angel investor, who has negotiated or agreed to the terms of the deal. These syndicated companies have achieved defined traction milestones, including a doubling in a key growth metric over the last 6 months.
Additionally, we intend to syndicate companies that generally meet the following guidelines:
- Backable Leadership Team
- Notable Advisors with Relevant Industry Expertise
- Support from Peer Network
- Sufficient Market Size/Growth Potential
- Unique Value Proposition relative to Competition
- Commercial-Ready Product Design
- Sustainable Business Model
- Accelerating Key Metric Growth
- Demonstrated Outcome
- Sufficient Cash Runway (min. 12 months)
- Lead Notable Institutional or Angel Investor
- Qualified Round of $1M+ with 50% Committed
Please note: Angel investments are highly speculative regardless of the extent of research one does. StartUp Health does not take responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of information it obtains from the companies. Furthermore, although StartUp Health aims to, it cannot warrant that it will, disclose information it has about a syndicated company that StartUp Health in its sole discretion deems to be material to backers' investment decision, due to its relationship with the company.
StartUp Health Companies include...
To view a full list of StartUp Health Companies, check out our Portfolio.