You’re a licensed California Escrow officer - but more than that, you are a driven, detail-oriented person with analytical and emotional intelligence in equal amounts. You’re able to move quickly, coordinate with teammates, catch mistakes that are hiding deep in paragraph 4 and still have spare brainpower to think of 3 ways you can improve the process you’re following. You love interacting with clients and can have empathy for each one, and you can communicate clearly in speech and in writing.
You’re willing and able to learn quickly and you have a “no task is too big or too small” attitude.
Most of all, you’re excited to join a team that’s trying to change the title insurance industry for the benefit of consumers, and you have the passion and drive to help make that happen
On the operations team, you’ll:
- Interface with lender and borrower clients to manage the escrow process from beginning to end
- Work on special projects to help us develop new software
- Help improve escrow workflow by thinking outside the box and providing input and feedback to the product team developing new production software
- Keep up-to-date with underwriting bulletins, risk assessment and procedural changes
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as an escrow officer
- A love of technology and a healthy distaste for the status quo
- Great written & oral communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to prioritize the importance of a number of different tasks without micromanagement
- Live in California
We are a new title and closing company in New York City, founded to be different. We use technology to radically improve the way things are done with the goal of making every single real estate transaction fast, frictionless and secure. We’re backed by ambitious investors who have backed companies like Airbnb, LinkedIn, Skype, Betterment, and Lyft.
We strive to create a happy and healthy working environment, as we believe that allows us to do our best work. That includes:
- extremely competitive compensation
- full benefits
- unlimited vacation, flexible hours (work from home when you need to!)
- an open and casual office environment.
- stock option grants
We believe the work you do at Spruce will be the best and most enjoyable work of your life.