You know everything there is to know about accounting, and you can build systems in Excel, Quickbooks, or NetSuite. You can build something from nothing, but you’re not satisfied until you know how every single detail matters to the big picture. You genuinely want to perform the smallest tasks so you truly understand how to make things more efficient, transparent, and secure.
As Finance/Escrow Manager, you’ll:
- Operate independently with minimal oversight
- Manage the general ledger, our bookkeepers, billing and payroll (incl. sales commissions)
- Maintain internal control environment to ensure compliance and prepare materials for audits
- Setting up new systems and policies to support growth of company
- Provide cash management / cash flow projections
- Over time, recruit, hire, manage, and mentor a complete accounting department
- Build settlement statements and complete real estate escrow transactions
- Build internal systems and controls to improve the efficiency, security, and transparency of escrow operations
- Self-starter; ability to operate independently with minimal oversight
- Minimum of 7 years of financial and/or accounting experience
- Experience working with the Big 4 accounting firms, startups, and/or public companies
- Experience with real estate accounting
- Great communication skills, with the ability to move seamlessly between the details and the big picture
- Prior experience as a Controller or Senior Accountant; CPA or CFA strongly preferred
- A love of technology and efficiency
We value people who are curious, ambitious, confident, self-aware, and diverse.
We take initiative, focus on the most important problems, collaborate with the team, trust our colleagues, and take pride in everything we do.
We strive to create a happy and healthy working environment, as we believe that allows us to do our best work. That includes:
- extremely competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits