Hands on design engineer responsible for assisting in full product life-cycle (Design, Build, Test, Install and Commissioning)
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Engaging with customers and other stakeholders to frame and execute electrical and automation projects.
• Define electrical component requirements based on overall system performance requirements.
• Design overall electrical control system architecture including transformers, circuit protection, power supplies, and I/O.
• Perform detailed power design, specification of facility power requirements, and integration with facility power.
• Manage technicians and outside vendors
• Develop standards and guidelines for electrical and automation systems.
• System-level design of electronic controls for robotics.
• Research, develop, design, and test of electrical components, equipment, and systems.
• Develop and maintain electrical drawings in AutoCad or Solid Works.
• Design electrical panels.
• Develop & manage validation test protocols for the electrical system in conjunction with the overall electro-mechanical system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation Engineering
• 3 to 5 years of electrical design and development experience
• A detailed understanding of servo-systems, sensors, servo drives and control components.
• Detailed electrical design knowledge of power components such as contactors, breakers, from facility power through to motor drives.
• Experience with voltages up to 48VDC, 480VAC 3F, and associated transformers, fusing, wiring and connectors.
• Must be a self-motivated, hands-on engineer who is comfortable with mechanical systems and software tools.
• Analog and digital circuitry design and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with electromechanical systems
• ECN’s, BOM’s, documentation systems
• Electrical schematics design and interpretation
• Familiar with regulatory agency (UL, IEC, etc.) requirements
• Equipment and components wire selection and wiring.
• Safety devices (specification and wiring)
• Proficient on troubleshooting electrical systems.
• Basic project management
As a plus:
• Experience in robotics or motion control
• Basic PLC / Robot programming
• Industrial networking architecture design
Spark Robotics is an industrial automation company that specializes in material handling, packaging, transportation and assembly.
There are so many things in the world yet to be automated and Spark Robotics looks to be the incubator to bring those products to fruition.