Sounding Board is modernizing leadership development. As experienced entrepreneurs & executives we’ve seen firsthand the challenges that companies and people go through as they scale. We believe it pays off to invest early in the people you already have. Less churn, more engaged employees, tangible business results. We’re on a mission to develop the next generation of leaders in a more personal, practical and impactful way – starting with scalable, affordable 1:1 leadership coaching.
We’re seeking an experienced technical lead to join us as part of the early founding team. Help us lead the efforts to build a truly one-of-its-kind learning platform that intersects the best of human interactions and digital scale. You get excited about thinking about ways to automate and scale human interactions in a way that creates an engaging, meaningful experience. As part of the core team you would work with our product and client leads to take market and customer input and translate them into engineering requirements. You’d also lead and manage a team of 4-5 engineers to execute on our product roadmap. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a growing team to build the platform from the ground up.
Since this is a key role we like to have you in San Francisco Bay Area, you can work remotely some days. However, we will be meeting at least 2-3 times a week in San Francisco for meetings and co-working.
What we’re looking for
• Computer science background with 5+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable full-stack web application experience (MEAN technology stack)
• Experience with Angular2/4 and TypeScript
• Deep experience with backend technologies such as node.js/express, mongoDB, firebase
• Knowledge and understanding of Linux family systems
• Interest in working with APIs and 3rd party platforms like Slack or similar
• Have completed & successful full-stack web application experience with our technology stack
• Strong hands on coding, design, database & software architectural experience
• Experience working with or leading remote or offshore development teams
• Ship code every day – develop, test and deploy features across our stack alongside your team
Why Sounding Board? (www.soundingboardinc.com)
• Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders from Google, Genentech, Microsoft with great growth opportunities
• Backed by leading investors including Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures. Our investors are truly committed to building the future of work in a diverse, inclusive way
• Flexible, autonomous work environment – Work From Anywhere. We’re partial to San Francisco as our home base but you don’t have to be.
• Treat you like a grownup – we assume you can operate independently and manage your own time and work to meet goals.
• We’re solutions & action oriented – we’ll try something than debate about it endlessly
• Passionate, diverse & inclusive team – we take our work seriously but not ourselves
• Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend.
Sounding Board is an early stage, VC-backed startup changing the face of leadership development by bringing the deep learning and growth of 1:1 Executive Coaching to emerging leaders through an innovative technology platform. Our mission is to develop the next generation of leaders in more personalized, impactful way. The initial product connects professionally trained leadership coaches to clients with a tech platform for personalized leadership development that is scalable, affordable and easily accessible. Sounding Board currently works with a number of high growth technology companies including Rakuten, Ellation, Glu Mobile, Quantcast, Credit Sesame & Shopkick and backed by leading top tier investors.