A dynamic, ambitious insure-tech startup, SO-SURE, is looking for a creative Visual/Interaction Designer to join our, small but mighty, team located in the heart of London Tech scene: Old Street.
We are seeking a self-motivated and passionate creator, with excellent attention to detail, who is ready to hit the ground running and is committed to crafting exceptional user experiences on the web, mobile and email. This position is responsible for designing the overall layout and end user experience for SO-SURE website and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be able to foster site-wide advancements utilizing emerging design trends and usability standards that will directly improve the usability of the product as well as conversion and sales goals.
A keen understanding of front-end development technologies and mobile space is crucial.
The successful candidate must have well developed user interaction and visual design skills and be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, as part of a team or using their own initiative. This role is incredibly autonomous, with an opportunity to leave a true mark on the look and feel of SO-SURE brand and experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop intuitive, usable and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile application and web platforms.
- Collaborate with Product and Developer team throughout the design and build process.
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release and maintenance.
- Ensure the usability of our mobile and web applications and suggest ongoing improvements to the overall user experience by working closely with the Product team to test and optimise design solutions.
As a Visual & Integration Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from the conception of new features, collaborating with cross-function teams to helping ensure the proper implementation of your designs prior to launch. You will be required to utilize your full range of design, communication and problem solving skills, and you will own a large portion of the SO-SURE product:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in design or equivalent experience in the fields of Web and Mobile development, visual design or interaction design.
- At least 1+ years experience B2C of UI/UX, interaction design, user research/testing, utilisation of a broad range of methodologies such as storyboarding, prototyping, written specifications and user scenarios using various tools.
- Expertise in current design tools i.e. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator. We love Sketch at so-sure!
- Working knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Strong understanding of responsive design from a ‘mobile first’ approach.
- Ability to design simple solutions to complex workflows and create interfaces that are intuitive, beautiful and user-friendly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to keep-up in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE
We’d love to see your work, a strong portfolio of previous work is essential alternatively if you have a website, or any other online portfolio that showcases your work (e.g. Dribbble), send us the URL :)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: depending on skills and experience
Share options as part of the package
Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely (fair usage rules apply)
Unlimited holidays (fair usage rules apply)
Weekly Wednesday Cakes & Cookies
Based in a hip co-working space with frequent talks, events and socials
We provide consumers better and up to 80% cheaper insurance.
We do so by taking insurance back to its 17th century roots, when incentives were aligned across the value chain and customers got money back when there were no claims.
Our ambitions are global and across consumers lines and we started by addressing the £1bn UK cell phone insurance market.
- easy to buy
- reliable, transparent cover
- painless swift claim process with next working day phone delivery - vs 4-18 days by competition
- start off with up to 40% cheaper than mobile networks' insurance
- connect to your friends and when none of you claim, you get up to 80% money back