- Backend developer on visitor tracking system of Oracle Cloud Marketing - Build asynchronous visitor tracking web service capable of handling thousands of visitor tracking...more requests per second - Optimize and refactor app-layer and db-layer code; improve test coverage of existing functionalities - Fix scalability bottleneck, design new database schema, and migrate production database tables containing billions of data
- Build Redmine plugins with Ruby on Rails - Build Java tool for system testing using Selenium WebDriver API for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE - Aggregate Maven, TestNg,...more git, and Hudson into a robust test automation framework - Setup technology stack and environment for one click build deployment and continuous integration
I am a s-dev with years of experience in building OLTP and OLAP web application. I <3 working with rb, and lately, cr. Currently fullstack @ StackAdapt shipping new features in react, rb, and go, improving perf of existing features (& scaling db), and sysadmin-ing.
When I worked @ Oracle:
- I refactored 8 out of 10 of visitor tracking HTTP endpoints to increase throughput, reduce contention and improve testability.
- I implemented v2 of the visitor tracking system using an asynchronous architecture with Java, Akka and Kafka. We were able to met the SLA goal with a clickthrough of 2.7K rps during performance testing.
- For annual hackday, I build a POC visitor tracking endpoint in 24 hours capable of handling a clickthrough of 80X more than the current production system on a commodity hardware.