Are you ready to help build ground-breaking strategic data models that our customers leverage to make >$100M decisions? SnapStrat is a venture backed, seed stage startup in Oakland, California. Our product digitizes strategic decision-making and brings ML to enterprise executives. We are growing quickly – and eager to bring in more firepower to help us scale. We are dedicated to making our customers successful by building an amazing team.
• HUGE opportunity for growth! You will have the chance to help shape a company and technology from the ground floor.
• You will be at the core of every new feature, every product decision.
• Build something brand new – solve unique and complex problems as we revolutionize enterprise strategy.
• Work with an incredible, high-performing, fun team.
• Competitive compensation & equity for a seed funded, early stage startup; $110-150k/0.15-0.30%, $1,500 tech stipend, flexible schedule & competitive PTO
• Full kitchen stocked with any food or drinks you want for snacks, lunches, and happy hour with multiple sunny decks to enjoy them from
What You Will Be Doing
As the Lead Full-Stack developer at SnapStrat, you will be a core part of our Product & Technology team. Your primary responsibility will be designing and implementing a nuanced and complex data pipeline infrastructure that surfaces our analytic prediction and optimization model output and enables generalizable deployment.
In addition, you will be on the ground floor of designing SnapStrat’s decision intelligence platform, including:
- Building data expertise and owning data quality for the awesome pipelines you build
- Architecting, building and launching new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers, working with our data scientist and head of tech
- Designing and building extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to enable our product (and customers) to consume and understand data.
Given SnapStrat's focus on enterprise strategic decision-making, this role requires a passion for solving complex business problems, which often involve many client stakeholders and large amounts of client data. The data complexities require understanding of complex data interactions at multiple levels in enterprise organizations, with an ability to build for our future scale up
What You Need for this Position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
• 3+ years developing and deploying SaaS applications working with front and back end, middleware service layers, and APIs
• 2+ years of Java and/or Python development experience
• 2+ years of SQL experience
• 2+ years of MongoDB experience
• 2+ years of LAMP stack development experience
• 2+ years of experience in custom or structured ETL design, implementation and maintenance
• You have experience working with emerging technologies such as ML/AI, Cloud, big-data, advanced analytics.
• You have led development teams using scrum/agile
• CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
Strategic resource allocations are often made with limited analytical rigor, looking in a rear-view mirror. SnapStrat decisions are different. They are made looking forward, balancing all key criteria, and they are continuously improving. The result produces better outcomes than decisions made ad hoc or based on spreadsheets and slides.
This is more than decision-making as usual. SnapStrat combines predictive analytics and scenario modeling with the power of machine learning to make enterprise decision-making more effective than ever.
And in today’s rapidly changing business environment, nothing less will do.