WHO WE ARE
Skylark is the first luxury travel agency that allows clients to leverage the ease and reach of online booking technology while offering expert advice and live, comprehensive support from expert travel advisors.
The vision is not only about a creating a better trip-planning experience. It’s about creating exceptional vacations—with better pricing on hotels and airfare, perks that add real value, and unrivaled service to provide peace of mind.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Growth Marketing Manager to kickstart our growth engine and help the company scale to a wider luxury audience.
As the Marketing team’s first hire, you will lead the charge on bringing new customers to the business. You will apply your expertise in proven B2C channels like paid ads, referral program, content marketing and email automation, while also testing new channels to identify and target ideal clients. Your work will touch all parts of the funnel, starting with acquisition and ending with loyalty.
WHO YOU ARE
* A thoughtful marketing generalist who lives by the mantra of testing and iteration
* A quantitative thinker who makes decision based on hard data – even if it’s imperfect – and ruthlessly picks winners
* A technically-oriented thinker who enjoys digging under the hood and working with a variety of marketing technology tools in web and mobile (eg Segment, Mixpanel, GA, Customer.io, Instapage)
* A curious mind who has experience across the marketing funnel and has explored several marketing channels
* A no-BS marketer who can speak tech internally while mastering the language of travel and luxury externally
* A scrappy self-starter who isn’t fazed by limited budgets and engineering resources
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
* Optimize the paid ad budget across Facebook, Instagram, AdWords and other ad networks
* Build out a world-class referral program to drive high-quality traffic at a low cost
* Work with the content team to optimize the email newsletter, triggered email programs and triggered on-site pop-ups at each step of the customer lifecycle
* Optimize content production and distribution across existing channels with a primary focus on driving new users
* Test new channels (eg influencer marketing, email co-promotions, B2B outreach) to gather cost-of-acquisition data and inform the growth roadmap
* Optimize multiple steps of the marketing funnel, from acquisition and retention to referral and loyalty
* Create and monitor analytics dashboards, prepare reports and share insights with team
YOUR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* 4+ years of digital marketing experience with a focus on acquisition or retention (product and content roles are secondary)
* A strong track record of owning initiatives from start to finish, and driving learnings from failures
* Proven experience managing multiple marketing channels and tools and optimizing results (eg Excel dashboard)
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
* Online travel and luxury marketing experience a plus
HOW WE ROLL
We’ll set you up with whichever tools you need to succeed (hardware, software, books, etc).
You’ll work in our offices in Union Square, and learn about the luxury travel business from some of the best in the business.
You’ll travel like a millionaire before you are one. Our travel benefits for employees are unparalleled for taking amazing vacations.
Skylark is a new kind of luxury travel company. We pair intuitive technology when you want it with human experts when you need them. The result? Exceptional vacations at the world’s best hotels and unmatched pricing on airfare, plus outstanding amenities and 24/7 anticipation of your needs. And because we’re backed by Ovation, a $1 billion travel company, we have you covered from inspiration to a trip well-traveled.