Reliable embedded firmware will act as the brain stem of the autonomous camera -- bridging the gap between the algorithms and the sensors/mechanical hardware. You will contribute to the development and implementation of the core software that makes the vehicle fly.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Take ownership of design and implementation of the embedded S/W that runs on the vehicle
- Bring up and debug new hardware
- Write interfaces and drivers for sensors and other devices
- Interface between the real-time requirements of the hardware, and the high level algorithms
- Participate in board design and schematic review, helping to select key components, interfaces, and protocols
- Modern C++ in an embedded context
- Ability to write clean code with appropriate abstraction boundaries
- Experience working with embedded microcontrollers
- Experience with embedded toolchains and build systems
- Experience writing firmware / embedded code on devices shipped in large volumes
- Ability to understand the algorithmic considerations in play
Our fundamental goal is to deliver the power and magic of flying cameras without the complexity. Current drones are cool gadgets for enthusiasts but still a curiosity to mainstream consumers. Our belief is that advanced onboard computer vision and artificial intelligence, combined with world class hardware product design, will yield a breakthrough that makes drones a trusted part of our daily lives.
A big part of what excites us not just what we’re building today, but the possibilities ahead. Onboard intelligence is an architecture not a feature. This intelligence is rooted in a fundamental connection between algorithms, compute hardware, and sensors, which fuels our dedication to building world-class software and hardware teams.
If these are problems you'd like to help solve, we'd love to hear from you.