SkinVision is the leading mobile health solutions available to help people monitor their skin for melanoma, the deadliest type of skin cancer globally. Melanoma takes the lives of 8 people every hour globally. SkinVision wants to contribute to a world where nobody has to die because of melanoma anymore because the disease is easy to treat when it is found in time. The mobile health application provides our customers with easy accessible tools to track changes on their skin. The users can build up their own personal gallery of skin lesions to compare them in time, assess the risk profile of specific suspicious spots on their skin and share the pictures with their health professional.
We are looking for a mobile developer that believes in what the SkinVision technology can mean for millions of people around the world to join our team and bring our applications to the next level.
In this position, you’ll be part of the mobile development team (Android & iOS) and help us maintain, improve and revolutionise the applications.
Our technology stack consists amongst others of Swift, Java, Ruby on Rails, Docker/Kubernetes, AWS (EC2, RDS, Redshift, SQS and various other), Torch & Keras.
What you can bring:
* Experience creating mobile native applications for Android or iOS.
* We are on Swift and so are you. We don’t do Kotlin yet, but are open to hear your thoughts and let you convince us of its power.
* You understand SOLID and clean architecture principles for creating testable and maintainable code.
* Experience with CI systems and application test frameworks and -platforms is a plus.
* Experience with static analysis tools such as Instruments, PMD, FindBugs, SonarQube etc. is a plus.
* If you bring knowledge around image processing / camera technology, that’s great!
* Experience with scrum / agile estimation – you know how to manage your work effectively/predictably and to work with a team.
* You understand that you can use data to improve not only the function of the platform, but also how to make it operate even better. SQL and performance optimization is a plus.
* Not too experienced yet, but love this opportunity? We would love to hear from you anyway!
This position is for the Amsterdam office - we unfortunately cannot accommodate remote contributors at this moment.
SkinVision was founded in 2012 and is a service that supports individuals with checking for signs of skin cancer. We are specialist in the (early) recognition of Melanoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma and Precancerous Actinic Keratosis.
SkinVision is the first certified skin cancer application globally based on extensive clinical trials in partnership with the university clinic of Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU) in Munich in 2013, published in the JEADV in 2014.
The company has built up a customer portfolio of 1,200,000 users globally and a database of 3.5 million pictures of suspicious skin conditions. SkinVision's headquarters is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
More information at www.skinvision.com