SkinVision is the leading mobile health solutions available to help people monitor their skin for melanoma, the deadliest type of skin cancer globally. Melanoma takes the lives of 8 people every hour globally. SkinVision wants to contribute to a world where nobody has to die because of melanoma anymore because the disease is easy to treat when it is found in time. The mobile health application provides our customers with easy accessible tools to track changes on their skin. The users can build up their own personal gallery of skin lesions to compare them in time, assess the risk profile of specific suspicious spots on their skin and share the pictures with their health professional.
We are looking for a backend and DevOps engineer who believes in what the SkinVision technology can mean for millions of people around the world in our mission to save at least 250.000 lives in the next decade.
In this position, you work on building new (micro) services and streamline our development processes with a laser focus on quality and compliance. The keyword is (of course) automation and using the right tools for the job. You have extensive experience using AWS and its APIs and you thrive on systems that just work, every time. We don't need to tell you what to do here, you'll tell us.
Our technology stack is versatile and includes Ruby, Java and Python, but we have a slight preference for Java for new developments. New developments go in Docker on Kubernetes (K8S).
What we are looking for:
* You love the challenge of bringing our platform to the next level. This includes infrastructure architecture on AWS, automation, development of services.
* You know which tools work for monitoring, alerting and escalation and which ones don't.
* DevOps experience with a focus on quality is a definite plus – at the very least you have experience with infrastructure automation on AWS, automated deployments, automated testing and Continuous Integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins, Pipelines or the like.
* Experience with static analysis tools such as PMD, FindBugs, Nexus, SonarQube etc. is a strong plus.
* You have Java (JVM-based languages) experience
* Experience with security and/or compliance standards is a plus.
* You are able to make the translation between business and technical fields and have solid experience with scrum / agile estimation – you know how to manage your work effectively/predictably and to work with a team.
* You understand how you can use data to improve not only the function of the platform, but also how to make it operate even better. SQL and performance optimisation is a plus.
We welcome applicants to apply for this position and we'd love to hear your motivation.
Please note: this position is for the Amsterdam office - we unfortunately cannot accommodate remote contributors at this moment.
SkinVision was founded in 2012 and is a service that supports individuals with checking for signs of skin cancer. We are specialist in the (early) recognition of Melanoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma and Precancerous Actinic Keratosis.
SkinVision is the first certified skin cancer application globally based on extensive clinical trials in partnership with the university clinic of Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU) in Munich in 2013, published in the JEADV in 2014.
The company has built up a customer portfolio of 1,200,000 users globally and a database of 3.5 million pictures of suspicious skin conditions. SkinVision's headquarters is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
More information at www.skinvision.com