Simon Data is an enterprise software company that enables businesses to effectively leverage all of their data to drive personalization and value for their customers. By understanding what customers have done and are doing, companies can effectively guide future behaviors. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to do this by enabling non-technical users in marketing, support, and product roles to leverage core big data and data science efforts. Simon’s software works by sitting downstream of existing data systems, joining together multiple sources, and driving workflow automations and insights. At Simon, our goal is to improve and optimize customer experiences by making the entire process, experimentation through analysis, a data-driven one.
Simon Data is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead all marketing activity for the business - including lead generation, branding, PR, thought leadership, and product marketing. This is a critical hire, and the role will report directly to the co-founders; beyond the core tactical elements of the job, the ideal candidate is expected to contribute strategically to the overall direction of the company’s growth.
Currently well-staffed on the sales side, Simon Data has grown quickly, and is looking for a marketing leader who can leverage in-market traction to both drive effective storytelling and fuel growth via inbound leads.
- Development and maintenance of core positioning; socialization/enforcement of positioning throughout the company (including hiring processes, prospect/sales engagement, etc).
- Deployment of marketing automation technologies (including Simon Data itself) to support the lead generation process.
- Generation of press re: Simon’s larger story, client successes, company milestones, and more.
- Creation of sales-enablement collateral (e.g. case studies, one sheets, kill sheets, decks, ROI analyses, etc).
- Support for analyst relations, articulation of the differentiated fit of the business within the larger marketing technology ecosystem.
- Coordination of market feedback into the product function; tracking of “common wisdom” within the marketing technology space, aligning with Simon’s value proposition.
- Leading all digital marketing efforts (e.g. Adwords, retargeting) and conference strategy (e.g. which conferences, securing speaking opportunities, when to sponsor, etc).
- Running core thought leadership and content marketing efforts (e.g. blog posts, social media, email newsletter, etc).
- Supporting positioning within the product itself, leading content creation around feature releases.
- Reporting on key metrics on a recurring basis (e.g. net new MQLs, press mentions, etc).
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years experienced in B2B marketing - high-level management consulting can also comprise a portion of the candidate’s background (e.g. Bain, BCG,
McKinsey, etc); experience with early stage technology companies a major plus.
- Experience implementing and deploying marketing automation solutions; familiarity with the larger landscape of marketing automation.
- Intuitive sense of positioning; experience deploying and enforcing messaging discipline across a high-growth company.
- Able to take projects to completion without significant oversight; understands how to drive end-business value via tactical execution.
- Strong familiarity with data - e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Excel, etc; SQL not necessary but a bonus.
- Deep understanding of marketing technology and ad tech - ideally in a buying role.
Data is the key to modern marketing. Yet operationalizing all of the data you collect has historically been both labor-intensive and error-prone. Simon changes all of that by eliminating the pain from three of the most friction-laden marketing activities:
- Unifying disparate data sources
- Connecting your data to your marketing channels
- Running rigorous tests and tracking results downstream
Simon does this by sitting between all of your data sources, giving you the ability to create bespoke customer segments using any combination of criteria. Simon then powers smart, automated workflows that connect these segments to all of your marketing channels, all with a built-in suite of testing and reporting tools to help you optimize every aspect of your lifecycle marketing.