Simon is a data-first marketing platform. We’re a technology-driven company on a mission to leverage big data and data science to message customers in a bespoke and responsive fashion. Our platform is built for scale, and we work with forward thinking brands including Blue Apron, TrueCar, and OpenTable.
Successful engineering teams are built on trust and purpose. At Simon Data we take that literally. We take pride in what we do every day and how we do it. Providing great software to our customers is rewarding and energizing. We've found a rapidly expanding sweet spot in marketing software and are diversifying our engineering team to keep up with the demand.
New engineers are welcomed into a team of smart and passionate engineers who love data and writing pragmatic code. We believe that you code better when you know how your work connects to the product and our clients. We also believe that you code better when you're surrounded by other engineers who want you to succeed. This attitude is core to our values.
As a Core & Infrastructure Software Engineer, you'll be exposed to the core of our software and infrastructure. From your first day on the job, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Decide on core technology that will set direction for months or years to come (Elasticsearch, Redshift, EMR, Spark)
- Direct our AWS implementation, from VPC networking to auto-scaling to EMR environments
- Build and get immediate, direct client feedback on new features in our our Django web-app or python-powered ETL pipeline
- Overhaul our deployment system, which is currently based on python Fabric and Packer
- Scale up our distributed Celery workflow system to handle enterprise traffic levels; or propose and safely rollout a wholesale replacement
- Take a leading hand in our operational tool chain
Our clients rely on us for accurate data and availability. Making mistakes in our business has direct effects on our clients' customers. We take both of these facts very seriously. At odds with this, Simon embraces the startup ethos of keeping lean and focused. We move quickly (continuous deployment) and emphasize experimentation to test hypotheses. To help us keep a high bar of quality, you'll bring a mindset for creativity and fault tolerance to your work every day.
Simon's engineering team is distributed across four states; we welcome engineers working at our New York City offices as well as remote employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We'd love to meet you and learn more about your career goals.
Data is the key to modern marketing. Yet operationalizing all of the data you collect has historically been both labor-intensive and error-prone. Simon changes all of that by eliminating the pain from three of the most friction-laden marketing activities:
- Unifying disparate data sources
- Connecting your data to your marketing channels
- Running rigorous tests and tracking results downstream
Simon does this by sitting between all of your data sources, giving you the ability to create bespoke customer segments using any combination of criteria. Simon then powers smart, automated workflows that connect these segments to all of your marketing channels, all with a built-in suite of testing and reporting tools to help you optimize every aspect of your lifecycle marketing.