Simon is a data-first marketing platform. We’re a technology-driven company on a mission to leverage big data and data science to message customers in a bespoke and responsive fashion. Our platform is built for scale, and we work with forward thinking brands including Blue Apron, TrueCar, and OpenTable.
Simon was founded by data geeks with a history of building successful startups. We're here not just to grow a successful business, but also to make sure that the journey is both fulfilling and fun. It is a really exciting time for the company, and we want you along for the ride!
As a member of the data engineering team at Simon, you will have the opportunity to tackle cool engineering projects and make a significant impact on the trajectory of an early-stage startup. Simon’s stack is composed of a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies, and you’ll work on a diversity of projects that will accelerate your growth as an engineer.
You are smart and passionate about data. You love designing creative solutions to complex problems and are always thinking about how you can automate processes. You care deeply about your work and always seek to grow your knowledge and skills. You are onboard with our core values of ownership, transparency, communication, mentorship, and collaboration - and are excited to contribute to the strong company culture at Simon.
Every day at Simon is different but a day may include:
- Building custom data pipelines on top of our core platform (Python/Hadoop/Redshift)
- Collaborating closely with senior engineers to design and develop new product features
- Building out tooling for a data development environment for our clients on our platform
- Using your deep understanding of our platform to identify solutions for client requests that lack an obvious answer
- Divining technical requirements from high-level marketing and business needs of our end users
We are looking for folks starting an engineering career who want long-term roles as a full-stack engineer, senior data engineer, or data scientist at the company. Technical proficiency will largely be learned on the job, but we expect a minimum from applicants.
- Fluent in at least one programming language
- Moderate proficiency in SQL
- Detailed-oriented and able to work without heavy oversight
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong analytical skills and a love for all things data
- Experience with Python/Hadoop a plus but not expected
- Computer Science degree from a top university a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US; we are unable to sponsor visas at this time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Data is the key to modern marketing. Yet operationalizing all of the data you collect has historically been both labor-intensive and error-prone. Simon changes all of that by eliminating the pain from three of the most friction-laden marketing activities:
- Unifying disparate data sources
- Connecting your data to your marketing channels
- Running rigorous tests and tracking results downstream
Simon does this by sitting between all of your data sources, giving you the ability to create bespoke customer segments using any combination of criteria. Simon then powers smart, automated workflows that connect these segments to all of your marketing channels, all with a built-in suite of testing and reporting tools to help you optimize every aspect of your lifecycle marketing.