Simon is a data-first marketing platform. We’re a technology-driven company on a mission to leverage big data and data science to message customers in a bespoke and responsive fashion. Our platform is built for scale, and we work with forward thinking brands including Blue Apron, TrueCar, and OpenTable.
As a Business Development Representative at Simon, you’re a driven self-starter with an excellent phone presence. You’ll be responsible for outbound email and cold call campaigns, as well as prospecting and qualifying new leads for our sales team. You’ll also be a meaningful contributor to the overall strategic direction of our outreach.
Specifically, you will:
- Engage in pre-sale research to identify likely outreach targets.
- Drive customer outreach and leverage our company's network to find and compose thoughtful customer introductions.
- Set meetings with customers to discuss our product offering. Critically evaluate what parts of our pitch and product resonate with customers and which parts don't.
- Generate new leads and collaborate closely with the rest of the sales team to build our sales pipeline.
An ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have 1+ years experience working in inside sales or lead generation.
- Have a proven track record of selling success at an early to mid stage web company.
- Have an appreciation for data and a true passion for the products we're building.
- Have basic comfort working with sales tools (e.g. Salesforce and email automation).
Data is the key to modern marketing. Yet operationalizing all of the data you collect has historically been both labor-intensive and error-prone. Simon changes all of that by eliminating the pain from three of the most friction-laden marketing activities:
- Unifying disparate data sources
- Connecting your data to your marketing channels
- Running rigorous tests and tracking results downstream
Simon does this by sitting between all of your data sources, giving you the ability to create bespoke customer segments using any combination of criteria. Simon then powers smart, automated workflows that connect these segments to all of your marketing channels, all with a built-in suite of testing and reporting tools to help you optimize every aspect of your lifecycle marketing.