**Who are we?**
Silicon Allee is an innovation district in the heart of Berlin, housing hundreds of startups, venture capitalists, coworking spaces and our very own, newly opened tech campus. Since 2011, Silicon Allee’s mission has been to unite, promote and advance Berlin’s international startup community. The Silicon Allee Campus, growing to over 13,000 m2 of office and co-living space by 2018, was developed by the founding team that realized Factory Berlin and will serve as the Berlin node of their international network of campuses.
The Silicon Allee team organizes events, produces news and content and consults fast-growth companies, expanding to or launching from Berlin. We are founded by entrepreneurs and carry that spirit forward with lean methodology and a tight-knit, maximum-hustle, all-for-one spirit.
** The Role & Responsibilities:**
With its origins as the first English-language blog of record for the Berlin startup scene, Silicon Allee has always viewed content as one of its pillars of success. The main goal of this position will be to clearly promote all the newsworthy activity going on in the neighborhood to locals and the wider global tech community, through original content and social media posts.
The role will work closely with our community to communicate the latest news and events happening in Silicon Allee. You will have the chance to meet regularly with founders, VCs and other players who we work closely with, and form an overall content strategy together with our team.
• Steer the overall online content strategy.
• Manage Silicon Allee’s social media accounts.
• Regularly connect with and interview founders, share their stories and latest news.
• Work hand-in-hand with our Events and Community leads to streamline communication about what is happening on campus.
• Share news and content from local and international partners.
• Manage Silicon Allee website content.
• Build campaigns around Silicon Allee events & activities.
• Work closely with other startup / tech bloggers and press.
• Source external contributors for Silicon Allee Magazine.
• Maintain metrics about social media accounts.
• Optimize existing social media strategies and discover new opportunities.
• Attend events and produce live content and written reviews.
**Our Ideal Candidate:**
We’re looking for social media expert with a love for content and a passion for written word (especially puns!). If you are constantly reading, researching, tweeting, instagramming and devising ways to hack social media for more exposure and likes, we could use your skills. We are looking for an extrovert, willing to jump right into the crazy world of startups and document it!
If you think you’re the right fit for this challenge, here’s some more info:
• Experience in PR, Communications, Content Marketing or Social Media
• Knowledge of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Fluent in English
• Ability to write clear and engaging content, short and long form
• Detailed oriented
• Flexible schedule
• Willingness to travel
• Fluent in German
• An personal network of international startup / tech influencers
• Experience in social media scheduling software (Buffer, Hootsuite, etc.)
• Experience in new social media platforms (Snapchat, etc)
• Interest & experience in Event Management and Production
• Experience in Community Management / Marketing
• Experience working for a Coworking space
Simply send a quick note explaining why you are a great fit for the position and your CV to jobs@SiliconAllee.com. Also, please include your relevant online social media profiles (Twitter, Medium, etc.).