With Sigma, nothing stands between you and your data. Our next-generation interface enables users to explore, analyze, and visualize data without the help of a data specialist. It’s time to break down the barriers to creating actionable analytics.
Sigma is growing its small but mighty backend engineering team. We’re chiefly responsible for making data warehouses feel as nimble, accessible, and magical as a spreadsheet. You’ll work closely with the frontend, design, and product teams to build the engine that drives Sigma.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work directly with the founding team to support an interactive data analysis web application
- Build with modern tools and languages like Rust, Node.js, and Kubernetes
- Own, architect, and implement new systems to support our application
- Profile and tune our service for responsiveness and reliability
- Support our growing user community
- Make a product that people love
Qualifications We Need
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
- A proven track record of building and maintaining high-quality software
- Experience building and deploying robust and secure web APIs
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- Strong sense of craftsmanship, and a healthy academic curiosity
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- 5+ years of experience
- SQL query optimization and database internals
- Compiler implementation and code generation
- Language design and implementation
- Statistical analysis and data visualization
- Distributed systems monitoring and profiling
- Knowledge of cloud application security models
- Administered cloud service infrastructure (esp. GCP)
Benefits and Perks
- Create your own setup (keyboard, mouse, headphones, coffee device, etc). Get what you need to make your job easier
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter plan
- MealPal plan and catered lunch Wednesdays
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Walking distance to BART, Muni, and CalTrain
- An experienced leadership team with top investors
- Lots of coffee (and of course tea, if that’s your thing)
Sigma leverages the advancements in cloud data technologies, enabling teams to model and interact with data visually. All of our semantics are expressed in familiar spreadsheet form. We enable users to create powerful data analyses and visualizations without waiting on new ETL pipelines or BI infrastructure.
Business users love Sigma because they can create live dashboards in an interface that feels powerful, but familiar. CIOs appreciate the ease and speed of our query generation. Sigma helps teams focus on actionable insights. Analytics managers love that everyone can participate in modeling and removing expensive iteration cycles.
With Sigma, nothing stands between you and your data.