With Sigma, nothing stands between you and your data. Our next-generation interface enables users of all backgrounds to explore, analyze, and visualize data without the help of a data specialist. Simple to use, easy to manage, and free to view. It’s time to break down the barriers to creating actionable analytics.
Sigma is the visual interface for your cloud data warehouse. No limits. No abstraction. Pay for what you use.
To help us create the future of cloud analytics, we are looking for our next Product Designer. At Sigma, you’ll work closely with the co-founders, engineers, and other designers to create an intuitive user experience that will make it simple for users to interact with, analyze and visualize data. You'll own substantial pieces of the product, from design to implementation.
Who we’re looking for
- Passionate about creating simplified experiences from complexity.
- Enjoys fully immersing yourself in data, business constraints, and customer problems you’re interpreting.
- Asks questions to get at the deeper-level “why” because you prioritize relevance and meaning over the artifact or visualization itself.
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our users
- Partner with designers, engineers, and stakeholders across the company to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and user research to inform design solutions
- Be an advocate for consistent UI throughout the product, and for a cohesive set of design principles and patterns.
- 3+ years of User Experience Design
- Bachelors degree in UX related field (HCI preferred)
- End-to-end Product Design including User Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design and working with engineers to ship projects
- Skilled in thinking through flows and interactions at a granular level
- Online portfolio of your work with examples of interaction and visual design
- Proficiency with Sketch
Nice to haves
- Experience designing complex data-heavy enterprise products
- Experience with any BI, analytics or spreadsheet program
- Familiarity and experience with data visualization design
- Knowledge of prototyping tools
Benefits and Perks
- Create your own setup. Get what you need to make your job easier
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full coverage health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter plan
- Catered lunches
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Sigma HQ is located in SoMA (walking distance to BART, Muni, or CalTrain)
Sigma is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sigma leverages the advancements in cloud data technologies, enabling teams to model and interact with data visually. All of our semantics are expressed in familiar spreadsheet form. We enable users from all backgrounds to create powerful data analyses and visualizations without waiting on new ETL pipelines or BI infrastructure.
Business users love Sigma because they can create live dashboards in an interface that feels powerful, but familiar. CIOs appreciate the ease and speed of our query generation, helping their teams to focus on the actionable insights. Analytics managers love that everyone can participate in modeling, removing expensive iteration cycles.
With Sigma, nothing stands between you and your data.