Product Management, Deep Learning
2015 - 2016 (over 1 year)
Created specific product kits (models, training hyper parameters and compression techniques) for targeted use cases in object detection, scene recognition and semantic segmentation....more Filtered over 1400 deep learning/AI companies with computer vision use cases to a handful of promising candidates to champion cutting edge work internally in Qualcomm for commercialization. Started initial engagement with Google's Tensorflow team to pursue acceleration of run time on Qualcomm Snapdragon processors.
2012 - 2015 (almost 3 years)
I am the technology lead for Qualcomm's internal incubator Qualcomm ImpaQt. I establish product/market fit for promising ideas from our employees as well as lead product initiatives...more for new business opportunities in the areas of robotics and deep learning
2007 - 2012 (over 5 years)
I was part of Qualcomm's famous systems engineering team that created breakthrough innovations in the area of 3G and 4G wireless. My specific technology area was HSPA+
1. From 2012-2015, I led the technical charter for Qualcomm ImpaQt, Qualcomm's internal incubator and global innovation program. I was responsible for funding over 25 internal projects, 8 of which secured additional funding within the company and 4 commercial exits.
2. Started the first few Robotics projects in the company including developing a plan for reference design for Robotics, initiating an effort to port ROS on ARM and an effort to enter the collaborative manufacturing and service robot market.
3. Started multiple projects in the area of multi-factor biometrics security using computer vision to provide iris authentication.
4. Prior to 2012, I was a wireless research engineer in Qualcomm Research. I led the technical work that enabled Qualcomm to get FCC approval for selling its broadcast spectrum to AT&T for $1.9B. Presented to the head of FCC (federal communications commission).
5. My patents are used in every smartphone sold today!