We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to help us build the future of shipping technology.
We have terabytes of data that is processed in realtime by our backend and served up to our customers around the globe to help them make key business decisions. This includes hundreds of thousands of emails a week with data that has to be instantly pulled, processed and made accessible to customers within seconds.
You will be responsible for building and extending the frontend (70%) of our web application as well as extending our NodeJS backend (30%). This includes adding new pages, features as well as optimising existing code. This is the key to offering a highly reliable application to our enterprise users around the globe.
- You love staying on top of the latest developments in software development
- You should have a degree in computer science, or strong experience (3+ years) in deploying reliable code.
- Work experience of 2-5 years
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Experience with implementing designs based on mockups, wireframes and branding guidelines
- Our users rely on us to maintain the integrity of their data - so you must have experience in algorithms & data structures
- Our B2B customers expect Shipamax to be reliable - you should have experience with automated testing and continuous deployment
- Excited about working in a maritime/logistics startup
Experience in bulk shipping not necessary :)
This is a full-time position based in Angel, London.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
We do not work with recruiters or outsourcing companies.
We are one of the few London-based startups backed by Y Combinator. We’ve just closed an exciting 2.5 million USD seed round - from Cherubic, AME Cloud and Founders Fund.
We’re creating the platform of the future for global commodity movement.
Currently, when booking a ship, there is an overwhelming amount of information that needs to be pieced together and a multitude of different stakeholders that needs to be kept in a tight communication loop. Our intelligent layer helps commercial employees focus on increasing revenue. We replace the thousands of unnecessary emails, excel files and instant messages between players required for each booking.
We’re a vertical B2B enterprise startup working with family-owned shipowners to some of the largest global players to transform the way they work as a team. Bulk shipping, an entirely different market to container shipping, is the unknown giant of the logistics sector.