Creative Director and Product Designer
2015 - 2018 (over 2 years)
Administered creative design projects to team of designers and developers supporting new product initiatives and marketing endeavors for a global leader in aftermarket automotive...more technology. Managed internal creative process from conception to completion. Managed all aspects of product development from concept through production, including design strategy, copywriting, designing persona and use cases, plan and administer usability testing, create prototypes in sketch, Invision, and Framer.
Led a creative department of 15 in concept development, design, copywriting, programming, and marketing across all media platforms: digital display advertising, social media,...more websites, print, and video. Consulted with executive team and clients on cost-effective options for design and printing. Clients included: NBC/Golf Channel, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Adventist Health System, Hilton Garden Vacations, Holiday Inn Vacations, Fiserv, Darden Restaurants, & Red Lobster.
Executed and presented “Improving Credibility through Comprehensive Branding” seminar which taught 501c3 non-profit organizations to increase donations and donor retention...more though brand strategy.
Managed all creative aspects in the development, design, and production of sales-driving, brand-extending, and cross-channel campaigns. Utilized artistic development of marketing...more and promotional pieces including websites, print ads, motion graphics and video production. Collaborated with marketing and sales teams in creating marketing plans and aligning business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and within budget.
1) I co-founded and sold my ad agency We started as a 3 person Flash website shop and grew to become full-service shop with 18+ employees. We started in Orlando and expanded to New York City. The agency has national and international clients.
2) I created a video for the NASDAQ tower in Time's Square for Ruth's Chris Steak House.
3) I shot a documentary for a new profit which provides free cleft lip and cleft palate surgery. While I was there I had full access to the operating room. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life.
4) In the last year, I've designed the house for products have been produced and are available for purchase at AutoZone retail stores all over the US.
5) I co-founded a startup called Thinkified. Though that company is on hold indefinitely, I'm still proud of everything we accomplished.
6) I've mentored many great designers over the years. I love working with less experienced designers and helping them grow as creative professionals.
I'm looking for an opportunity to make products that help people and will impact their lives in a positive way. Marketing and advertising is fun, but making something that people use is what satisfies me most.
I love sweaters, jackets, and coats which is why I want to live in not-Florida.
Background in action/motorsports, fashion, & entertainment. Actively connecting the global clothing industry by building it's premier digital home.
What's the most useful business-related book you've ever read?
Don't Make Me Think
What's your favorite non-business book?
If money were not an issue, what would you be doing right now?
Starting a new business while being a digital nomad.
What's the most creative thing you've ever done?
I made a lot of movies with my friends when I was a kid. The scripts were crazy and the results were hilarious. The scale and the quality of the work I've done since has obviously been much better, but those take the care for sheer creativity.
Which founders or startups do you most admire?
I've always liked Facebook, but visiting Facebook HQ changed how I feel about the company and Mark Zuckerberg completely. Mark Zuckerberg's desk is out in the open with everyone else. That speaks more to Facebook's culture than anything else.
What's your super power?
Understanding people's needs, but I wish it were teleportation.
What's the best way for people to get in touch with you?
Text messages. I remember a time when I thought texting was stupid. I still love talking on the phone, but I never call anyone without texting first. Calling someone out of the blue seems invasive.
What words of wisdom do you live by?
Always reevaluate your current circumstances. If you're happy then you are where you should be in life. If you are unhappy, then figure out what's wrong and take steps to change your circumstances. This must always be balanced against longterm goals.
What was the most impactful class you took in school?
A philosophy class about critical thinking and logical fallacies. There's nothing more useful than being able to see through bullshit.
What's something you wish you had done years earlier?
2) Leave Florida. Also something I'm pursuing right now.
What words of advice would you give your younger self?
Be more focused on a single goal and achieve it, then set the next goal.