ShareGrid is a largest creative marketplace where filmmakers, photographers, and production companies can instantly source all their gear needs from local vendors, supplying over $400 million of gear to 40,000+ creatives, currently across 7 cities. We are passionate advocates of filmmakers and photographers, and have built our platform to make it easier for these creatives to make great work.
We're looking for a talented Rails developer (has used Rails full-time in production for 3+ years) to join our product team here in Seattle.
A player who likes to work in a fast-paced environment. You communicate effectively, strive to make a real difference, challenge the status quo. You are inspired by building globally admired network-effect brands. You are passionate about leading teams and have a track record of success in developing and fostering a positive team environment.
What you’ll bring to the table:
● Understanding of layout aesthetics and a rigor for programming.
● An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with back-end knowledge, is important.
● Effective team communication and working at high speed. Must have the ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends.
● 3+ years’ experience as a Software Developer.
● Like to move fast and work in a fast environment.
● Startup experience and direct experience in consumer marketplaces are preferred.
● Experience with continuous integration/deployment environments.
● Experience with automated testing.
● Experience with agile development methodologies, including Kanban and Scrum Experience.
● Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
● Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques able to work proficiently, both independently and in a team environment.
● Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders and customers.
● Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes. ● Experience with consumer web, marketplace platforms.
● Experience configuring and developing around booking, reservation management systems
Our current stack is:
• Company Macbook Pro
• Company iPhone + Plan
• Flexible Work Schedule and Vacation Policy
• Great Healthcare / Dental / Vision Plans
• Stocked Kitchen
• Monthly Company Off-sites
• Comfortable working environment in North Seattle
• Awesome, fun teammates!
This is a full-time opportunity with benefits and early equity in a fast-growing comapny. Salary depends on overall experience.
ShareGrid is the largest rental marketplace for creatives to rent, buy, and sell gear. Filmmakers, photographers, and companies can instantly source all their gear needs from local vendors, supplying over $500 million of gear to 50,000+ members.