About this role
Sentry is looking for our first Community Manager to reach and enable both our commercial and open-source users. Our goal is to help product teams close the insight gap so they can improve development efficiency and drive workflow productivity. This role will have a major impact in three main areas:
* Supporting and expanding Sentry's vibrant open-source community
* Providing technical leadership and product guidance where users congregate
* Managing our presence at events and our community sponsorships
This role requires a talented and passionate technical marketer who can incorporate elements of developer relations, event management, product marketing, and solution engineering. Sentry is already helping a half-million engineers drive efficiency in their development processes, so community management will be about nurturing that user base with technical insight through new and existing online and offline channels.
You will own pieces of Sentry’s brand ambassadorship and go-to-market, including conferences, sponsorships, online communities, user forums, speakers bureau, social media, and more. You'll collaborate directly with the Product, Marketing, Business Development, and Executive teams to advance Sentry’s story and help represent the voice of the developer.
* 3+ years relevant background as a community manager, developer evangelist, solution engineer, and/or product marketer
* Presence in key online and social communities, including Reddit, Quora, Stack Overflow, Twitter, Hacker News, GitHub,
* Product Hunt, and platform-specific spaces
* Experience running events from end to end, including campaign, staffing, budget, and vendors
* Background speaking and presenting to a wide variety of audiences, particularly engineers
* Familiarity with modern development practices and the opportunities that lie ahead, including monitoring, observability, automation, and CI/CD
* Enthusiasm for open source software and developer tools
* Great organizational skills: ability to make decisions, manage dependencies, and get stuff done
* Serious communication chops: a technical prezo/demo and writing samples are required
* Availability to travel up to 25% of your time
* Background in blogging, podcasts, video, or digital marketing
* Passion for telling technical user and use case stories
* Founder or manager of a community of practice and/or conference
* Experience shipping production code
* Past work at a fast-paced startup and comfort with self-direction
* Contribute to an open source product (https://github.com/getsentry/sentry) used by tens of thousands of developers and companies
* Be part of an experienced and renowned team (https://sentry.io/about/) that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Commuter subsidy
* Charitable matching program
* Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
* Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
* Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
* Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sentry gives engineering teams powerful tools to detect and solve complex user-impacting issues.
Sentry aggregates error log information and adds context such as which customers, services, and servers were affected. Sentry then surfaces critical issues and provides the information needed to resolve them quickly.
Drop us in and expand your engineering team’s insight in minutes. With only a few lines of code, we’ll begin surfacing errors in real time. Sentry supports all major devices, languages, and frameworks.
A Bigger Picture
Sentry offers a perspective that enables you to see which errors are doing the most harm to your business. Sentry also surfaces similar errors to help you connect dots that were not apparent beforehand.
Not only will Sentry tell you which customer is affected, but it can also be customized with additional, business-specific context to help you understand how issues affect your bottom line.