We're a small and fast growing team working on a difficult problem in the huge, under-served space of contingent work. Our team is made up of product focused engineers and designers who like to quickly ship new features and products to customers every day.
Sense is hiring an engineer to join our small and growing team. This position will be focused on building product APIs, distributed systems, and microservices as part of the Server/Infrastructure team. There's the opportunity for a full stack engineer to own features end to end as well.
- Collaborate with our design and engineering team to implement and iterate on features for Sense
- Meaningfully contribute to the product and core backend systems by suggesting improvements with the entire team
- Design, implement or improve features in a variety of backend systems including our REST APIs, data ingestion and processing systems and distributed task/job processing systems
- Document and educate the rest of the team on design/architecture best practices
- Familiarity with server side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms is a plus
- Experience with or knowledge of Amazon Web Services eco-system is a plus
The way temporary employment works is broken. By the end of 2016, 42% of the US Workforce will be engaged in contingent work, and they represent 7% of the GDP. We are reinventing the way companies build long-term relationship with this workforce by creating the industry's first employee engagement platform to drastically improve communication and job satisfaction. We believe this type of work is only going to get more common and the experience can be much better for the employee.
We’re backed by Accel, Google Ventures, Khosla Ventures, IDG and Signia Ventures, as well as a great group of angel investors, who believe in our mission.
We’ve founded multiple successful startups, including our last company Funzio which sold for $210M. Our small team includes people who have worked at Google, Mixpanel, Yahoo, Zynga and other companies. If you’re interested in learning more, we’d love to hear from you!