Sempre Health is changing how Americans pay for healthcare. We believe that bright people should work on the most important problems. Get in touch if you are excited to use technology for good, while building a digital health startup from the ground up.
What is Sempre Health?
Sempre Health uses dynamic pricing + SMS to reduce patients' out-of-pocket spend on drugs. 1 in 3 patients skips taking their meds because they are too expensive. We're on a mission to fix that. Patients receive texts like, "If you pick up your rx by Sunday you'll pay $20. If you wait until next week, this goes up to $30." Then, wherever they fill, Sempre's integrations with the pharmacy switch, ensure they get the right price. Earlier this year Sempre announced a partnership with Novo Nordisk to bring dynamic discounts to diabetes patients across the country. Sempre will have more than 15 pharma & payer partners by Q4 18. Our team of 8 just closed an $8M Series A to rapidly expand to cover more patients and medications.
Why work here?
Work on something that matters - the product we’re building helps patients afford medications they need. As our ninth teammate and fourth engineer, you’ll have both autonomy and responsibility. You will decide and own the most important projects. You’ll design new products and features from scratch, get team buy-in, implement, and deploy. You’ll play a crucial role in deciding which technologies we choose. We won’t add significant process, checks, and balances to your flow - we trust each other to produce high quality work.
You can also broaden your skill set beyond engineering: want to interact with patients? Take over patient support hours for a few days. Interested in government policy? We’re working directly with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid.
What you’ll work on
You’ll work all across the stack from backend python microservices to React web apps. Projects include:
• Alex: our homegrown CMS we use to create & edit personalized patient communication flows without any engineering resources.
• Pricing and pharmacy integrations: iterate on our incentive-based pricing algorithm to calculate the optimal price for each patient and integrate with the US pharmacy switch to deliver that price to any pharmacy in the country
• Admin tool: our web app for patient management that allows us to prioritize interventions for the most at-risk patients and track program progress.
• Security: we are HIPAA compliant, and treat security as a first-class feature in all our products
Who you are
• 4+ years of backend/full-stack engineering experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience building & operating live, production systems
• Proficient with python
• Excited about working with small team
• Excellent team player & curious
Sempre Health is bringing dynamic pricing to healthcare, beginning with medications. Today, we work with health plans and pharma manufacturers to dynamically adjust copays based on individual adherence and behavior, seamlessly at the point of fill.
Patients who take their medications regularly cost the health system significantly less. Sempre shares these savings with patients by allowing them to pay less when they do the right things for their health. This means you can bring your own costs down over time. Sempre enables long-term behavior change and saves healthcare dollars, while addressing affordability in a unique way.
We parse millions of prescription records to predict the right price, for the right patient, at the right time. Then our data integrations deliver that price at any pharmacy in the US. Via SMS, patients have access to their discounts, why they got those discounts and guidance on how to improve their health.