As a Research Analyst, you’ll work in a professional services capacity supporting some of the world’s largest investment firms and consumer brands, providing them with game-changing data they have never had access to before. You’ll also play a critical role in enabling the success of a fast-growing and well-funded technology startup.
In a given week, you might:
* Translate a client’s investment thesis into a testable hypothesis, then run an analysis to address it.
* Advise a client how and when to apply a cohorted retention analysis.
* Work alongside our Client Engagement Manager to generate new insights and connections for our clients.
* Analyze our product data to generate ideas about how to address clients’ needs.
* You have 2+ yrs experience in a data analyst or consulting role.
* You are proficient in SQL, Excel, and statistics.
* You are a highly analytical and structured thinker.
* You are great at explaining complex technical topics to non-experts.
* You would thrive in a rapidly changing startup environment.
* You have domain knowledge of buy-side finance and/or corporate strategy
Working at Second Measure:
* Medical, dental and vision benefits; plus a generous parental leave policy (up to 12 weeks paid leave, up to 1 year total leave)
* Flexible work from home and paid time off policies
* 401K with company match (up to 4% of salary)
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
Please apply directly here if interested: https://boards.greenhouse.io/secondmeasure/jobs/1282678
Second Measure analyzes billions of U.S. credit card transactions to answer real-time questions on consumer behavior.
We track purchasing patterns for over 3000 public and private companies, and have 100+ clients (including some of the world’s largest hedge funds, venture capital firms, and consumer brands). Since launching in 2015, we've enjoyed phenomenal growth in headcount and clients. We're backed by top investors, including Jefferies Financial Group, Bessemer Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Norwest Venture Partners, Y Combinator, and Shasta Ventures.
Some of the questions we can answer with our data:
* How many customers have refunded deposits for the Tesla Model 3?
* Is Uber’s share of the ride sharing market growing or shrinking?
* Does MoviePass increase sales at theaters?
And we're hiring! https://boards.greenhouse.io/secondmeasure