SeatGeek has more services than developers. That means automation has to be the default when it comes to deploying and testing our platforms.
As a Junior Systems Engineer, you'll be implementing tooling to allow developers to move faster as the infrastructure evolves around them. When you're not working on platform enhancements, you'll be designing and improving new ways to help increase the velocity of the infrastructure team.
What you'll do
* Refine internal tools that help to coordinate and manage all our applications
* Improve workflow automation for the team
* Monitor, analyze, and report on infrastructure resource requirements
* Participate in on-call schedule in local timezone
* Assist in monitoring, problem-solving and issue resolution for application teams
Who you are
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves building web apps but also has a keen interest for how they're deployed and run. You make decisions based on data and are not afraid of experimenting to get the information you need. In addition, you have the following:
* 1+ year of Cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP) or VPS (DigitalOcean/Linode) experience
* Basic Linux administration experience
* Scripting in Bash, Python, Ruby, or other interpreted language
* Familiarity with Relational and Non-relational datastores
* Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
* Experience with continuous integration, delivery, testing, and code deployment (using tools such as Jenkins or Travis CI)
* A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
* A culture where the product is king
* A monthly budget to spend on tickets to live events
* A laid-back, fun workplace with an endless supply of snacks/coffee/beer, frequent team lunches, and social jaunts
* The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek, e.g. we've opensourced our a/b testing framework,Sixpack (http://sixpack.seatgeek.com/) , our Redis-backed autocompleting service, Soulmate (https://github.com/seatgeek/soulmate) , and our Python string matching library, FuzzyWuzzy (https://github.com/seatgeek/fuzzywuzzy)
* A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
* Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they’re doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
A live event’s better because of the people by your side. You see the same things. You feel the same feels. You walk out changed for the better. And that’s why SeatGeek makes it easy to score sweet deals on tickets to more events than we can count.