SeatGeek Enterprise is paving the way for the future of ticketing by opening up the industry. With clients around the globe and, now, our first NFL & NBA teams, our new Client Data Manager will play a critical part in setting our clients up for success from the get-go.
Working from our NYC headquarters, you’ll be a part of our client services team and work cross-functionally with several internal teams to ensure data migrations of historical data run smoothly between legacy ticketing systems and SRO, our primary ticketing platform. Not only are you a SQL pro, but you also love to solve problems while collaborating with teammates.
What You’ll Do
* Understand emerging and ongoing client data needs to enable our clients to reach and service their customers with the SeatGeek Enterprise suite of tools
* Work directly with clients to thoroughly understand and prepare data, provide adhoc troubleshooting and support, and develop query-based custom reports
* Analyze and understand legacy data thoroughly to standardize, clean, and prepare data for conversion
* Work in collaboration with our Israel & NY-based engineering teams to establish consistent data formats for translating and converting data as well as incorporate any new & unexpected data into specific conversion processes
* Develop and execute SQL queries to validate data to be converted, as well as work with SRO engineers to organize data post-conversion.
* Support implementation team on deployment & configuration of new SRO instances
* General database troubleshooting
* Note: It will be requested that you work non-standard business hours at times
Who You Are
* Highly analytical. You grasp new material quickly and can understand complex data and models.
* A problem solver. You love working with large complex data sets and connecting all of the dots.
* Extremely organized. You have the ability to keep track of the small details while multi-tasking and managing different priorities and deadlines all at once.
* Excellent communicator. You are articulate, confident, and friendly. You can work cross functionally and collaboratively with team members across the globe.
What You Have
* 3 to 5 years experience working directly with clients in technical commercial software & database support/development
* Advanced knowledge and experience working with SQL and databases, including development and testing of scripts & queries
* Proven ability and experience working on numerous, diverse projects simultaneously.
* Extensive practice in dealing with demanding clients. Ability to speak with authority regarding projects while delivering results with minimal supervision
* Ability to accurately and comprehensively document work, including structures and processes
* A BA in a quantitative field preferred
* Experience and passion for the ticketing industry is a plus
A live event’s better because of the people by your side. You see the same things. You feel the same feels. You walk out changed for the better. And that’s why SeatGeek makes it easy to score sweet deals on tickets to more events than we can count.