We've got a broad and meaningful vision: to provide efficient access to the world's scientific expertise. And because we're still a small team, you'll be making a major contribution to the fulfillment of that vision from the moment you start. You'll also be joining a group of passionate and talented teammates who have great fun working together.
Overall, we are looking for a UX Designer who:
* Is self-driven and detail-oriented, eager to help us achieve our mission.
* Loves working with small, iterative, cross-functional teams to create great user experiences through rigorous attention to design thinking principles.
* Enjoys being involved in every step of the process, from concept to release.
Is able to navigate the fine line between game changing ideas and demanding startup-paced timelines.
* Works with end-users to understand their unique challenges and pain points
* Has the user research chops to synthesize user interviews, design feedback (both internally and externally) and qualitative and quantitative data to effectively iterate on user experiences.
* Can tactically create research solutions, ux flows, wireframes, mockups, and design UI and graphics.
* Wants to change the way science and research are conducted today.
* Own big design projects, from concept to iteration to implementation
* Collaborate cross-functionally to generate and iterate on features and workflows
* Conduct UX testing and research and make design inferences from user data
* Quickly iterate with Product and Engineering to ship high-quality features
* Wireframe, mock up and prototype multiple designs with the goal of finalizing a design solution to create final, polished UI assets for implementation
* BS/BA in Art, HCI, Design, or CS, or commensurate professional experience
4+ years of design and interactive work experience
* Preferred technical skill-set:Design programs such as Photoshop, Sketch or other illustration and/or icon design tools; Front end development experience w/ HTML, CSS, JS; Usability testing and synthesis frameworks; Analytics exposure to tools such as Google Analytics, Chartio or others
* A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
* Experience designing responsive web apps in a fast-paced, iterative environment
* Analytical mind-set with the ability to take on complex design challenges
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to give and take feedback
* Self-motivated and able to efficiently run projects without close supervision
* Desire to stay on top of the latest trends, best practices, and design tools
Science Exchange is a marketplace for scientific collaboration, where researchers can order experiments from the world's best labs. Our mission is to improve the quality and efficiency of scientific research by using market-based incentives to promote collaboration between scientists.