💡 About Scapic
Scapic lets people create, share and explore immersive experiences. We’re a platform for building Virtual/Augmented/ Mixed Reality content easily. You'll be at the center of the VR / AR ecosystem.
As one of the fastest growing VR, AR startups in Asia, Scapic is a firm on a mission to build the immersive web of tomorrow. This mission runs through the heart of the organization—it's reflected in our work, our values and in our culture.
👨💻 About the role
We work on cutting edge browser technologies at Scapic and are excited to work with anyone who shares our love for the web. As a Fullstack developer, you will be pivotal in the product development cycle, ship new features and collaborate with others in key decisions around product and engineering needs. You should understand the importance of balancing technical debt with delivery and have a keen interest in creating polished user interfaces by working closely with designers & producing high quality code. Creating Immersive VR and AR experiences on Scapic starts off with a simple and intuitive interface but what takes it all the way through is a robust and scalable backend. As a Backend Dev, you will plan, implement, deploy, and maintain our backend, in close collaboration with other engineers. You will be an advocate for performance, stability, and scalability at Scapic, and encourage others to be as well. With eyes focused on the future, you will help build the immersive web of tomorrow as you play a key role in shaping Scapic’s next game changer.
💻 Requirements & Responsibilities:
In Frontend, The ideal candidate should have:
• Strong understanding of Basic JS concepts - Higher Level Concepts
• Deep experience using React.js & worked with ES5 and ES6 JS concepts
• Worked on state management with React (Redux, Flux, or any others)
• Understanding of basic DOM modification concepts such as querySelector, getElementById, classList
• Worked with Deeply Nested Objects and familiarity with Mutability
• Familiarity with different ways of handling asynchronous code (Promises, Fetch)
• Worked with Events (Event Loops), yarn or npm for package management and GIT for versioning
• Understanding of Unit and Integration Testing (Basics)
• Comfort with functional programming and it’s concepts
• Comfort with Advanced React patterns such as Higher Order Components, Render Props, Context APIs
• Basic understanding of different types of storages such as local and session storage
• Experience in setting up projects with webpack and the various loaders and plugins required
• Familiarity with code splitting on Webpack
In Backend, The candidate should have:
• Deep Experience working on Node.js
• Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database systems with their pros and cons
• Experience working with databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL
• Solid Understanding of MVC and stateless APIs & building RESTful APIs
• Experience building authentication systems using JWT, OAuth2.0 etc
• Experience working with Redis and its various applications like task queues etc
• Should have worked with full text search engines like ElasticSearch
• Should have experience and knowledge of scaling and security considerations
• Experience working with WebSockets is a plus
🙋♂️ Who we’re looking for? We look for people who have a lifelong commitment to learning and are passionate about being part of creating the future of technology. We like innovators, entrepreneurial thinkers, people who are capable of thinking outside the box, leading and making key decisions.
We drive ourselves, and inspire each other, to push boundaries and achieve ambitious goals. We value diversity of experience, knowledge, background and perspective and harness these to spot connections, solve problems and make extraordinary impact.
🏆Awards & Recognition:
⭐ #Tech30 - The top 30 Startups in India, selected by YourStory and announced in TechSparks 2018
⭐Winner in "Building For Tomorrow" Category in Facebook's India Startup Day Awards
⭐ Recognised as the top startup in India in the VR/AR space by the School of Innovation, Facebook.
⭐ Selected as an innovative startup by Karnataka government under their Elevate-100 programme
⭐ Recognition by the Wharton India Economic forum as one of the top 20 innovative startups in India
🌌 The future is exciting, build it here at Scapic
Scapic lets people create, share and explore immersive experiences. We’re a platform for building Virtual/Augmented/ Mixed Reality content easily.
Create: Scapic’s drag-and-drop editor makes it trivially simple to build immersive experiences from scratch in minutes. Start with Scenes, upload any of your own assets to make your experience, or use our library to help fill out your vision. Now, you can design immersive experiences filled with the sights, sounds and interactions you want to.
Share: Scapic is entirely built on the cloud. You can view a Scape right from your web browser and allow others to instantly jump into your experiences. VR & AR hardware provide the most immersive experience, but anyone will be able to access your experience without additional equipment, across traditional devices too.
Explore: Learn, suspend, tread, be. Be immersed in spheres of visuals. Move through content that surrounds you in the real world, or move through completely new virtual worlds.