💡 About Scapic
Scapic lets people create, share and explore immersive experiences. We’re a platform for building Virtual/Augmented/ Mixed Reality content easily. You'll be at the center of the VR / AR ecosystem.
As one of the fastest growing VR, AR startups in Asia, Scapic is a firm on a mission to build the immersive web of tomorrow. This mission runs through the heart of the organization—it's reflected in our work, our values and in our culture.
👨💻 About the role
At Scapic, we consider design as a craft, culture, and way of thinking. As a UI Engineer, you'll build the technical foundation to create an extraordinary user experience across our web and mobile platforms. In this role, you will be responsible for creating UI components for both 2D and 3D mediums by taking Interaction, Motion, UX, and other Design disciplines into consideration. You will partner with roles that spread across different disciplines, such as Product, Sales and Engineering to help translate specs and requirements into scalable, visual solutions. Brownie points to you if you are a pixel-perfectionist. With eyes focused on the future, you will help build the immersive web of tomorrow as you play a key role in shaping Scapic’s next game changer
💻 Requirements & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have:
• Familiarity with writing Vanilla CSS (CSS3)
• A good understanding of layouting on the web (Table, Flex, CSS Grid)
• An understanding of choosing a layouting system based on the situation (Table, Flex or Grid)
• Understanding of how to work with SCSS and its benefits
• Worked with keyframe and transition based animations
• Worked with transforms - position, scale, rotation, (perspective)
• Understanding of positioning of elements such as absolute and relative
• Worked with ES5 and ES6 JS concepts
• Understanding of basic DOM modification concepts such as querySelector, getElementById, classList
• Worked with Deeply Nested Objects and familiarity with Mutability
• Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
• Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or any other visual design wireframing tools preferred
• Understanding of responsive design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
• Be aware of Basic JS concepts - Lower Level Concepts, preferable React.js
• Worked with HTML5
• Worked with versioning - Git
🏆Awards & Recognition:
⭐ #Tech30 - The top 30 Startups in India, selected by YourStory and announced in TechSparks 2018
⭐Winner in "Building For Tomorrow" Category in Facebook's India Startup Day Awards
⭐ Recognised as the top startup in India in the VR/AR space by the School of Innovation, Facebook.
⭐ Selected as an innovative startup by Karnataka government under their Elevate-100 programme
⭐ Recognition by the Wharton India Economic forum as one of the top 20 innovative startups in India
🌌 The future is exciting, build it here at Scapic.
Scapic lets people create, share and explore immersive experiences. We’re a platform for building Virtual/Augmented/ Mixed Reality content easily.
Create: Scapic’s drag-and-drop editor makes it trivially simple to build immersive experiences from scratch in minutes. Start with Scenes, upload any of your own assets to make your experience, or use our library to help fill out your vision. Now, you can design immersive experiences filled with the sights, sounds and interactions you want to.
Share: Scapic is entirely built on the cloud. You can view a Scape right from your web browser and allow others to instantly jump into your experiences. VR & AR hardware provide the most immersive experience, but anyone will be able to access your experience without additional equipment, across traditional devices too.
Explore: Learn, suspend, tread, be. Be immersed in spheres of visuals. Move through content that surrounds you in the real world, or move through completely new virtual worlds.