Savioke is looking for a senior software engineer to join the robotic applications development team.
The applications development team at Savioke is responsible for implementing the application layer of our Relay robots. This layer turns robots that know how to map, navigate, and localize themselves into competent and empathetic helpers that can perform task-level planning and create value, mostly by delivering items in a way that suits our customers' specific needs. This team is also responsible for implementing and maintaining Savioke's support infrastructure and robot control centers, as well as all multi-robot behavior logic. We apply principles from artificial intelligence, knowledge representation, cognitive robotics, and human-robot interaction and are excited to contribute to the advancement of both the theory and practice in these domains.
- Contribute to our high-level robot control framework.
- Help design and implement our human-robot interactions.
- Design and implementing the user-experience for various kinds of users of our system including end-users, support-center staff, and our own level-2 support staff.
- Help design and implement our fleet management infrastructure.
- Take responsibilities for improving our overall development processes, including automated testing and documentation.
- BS in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with node.js
- Experience developing React-based web-applications
- Familiarity with modern best practices and libraries in JS
- Good communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Meteor
- Demonstrated open-source contributions
- Working knowledge of robotics
- Solid background in AI theory, particularly AI planning
- Experience with ROS
Savioke is building a fleet of autonomous robots that are revolutionizing the services industry, starting with robots that deliver small items in hotels and hospitals. We are excited to be building robots that are doing useful work and are touching people’s lives on a daily basis. Our robots have completed more than 350,000 deliveries to date, have driven several thousand kilometers autonomously, and have delighted everyone who sees them.
Relay is the first autonomous indoor delivery robot that works alongside people in the busy places they work, live, and play