Routific – named one of Fast Company’s “World Changing Ideas” – is a fun and purpose-driven startup determined to reduce waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
Our platform strives to be the easiest delivery management software on the market, empowering small businesses to save time and fuel, and to work as efficiently as possible. Today, Routific has optimized routes for delivery fleets in more than 900 cities around the world.
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious engineer who enjoys architecting systems and developing in an agile development environment. As part of our tight-knit engineering team, you will be the specialist in building scalable, flexible systems with an emphasis on improving maintainability and code coverage. You will own the engineering best-practices at Routific, while working closely with the rest of the engineering team.
We believe employee happiness brings team productivity. Company perks include: generous extended health benefits plan, free gym membership, unlimited vacation policy, education budget for conferences and workshops, top-of-the-line Apple hardware, electric sit/standing desks, and the state-of-the art Herman Miller Aeron chairs. We also cover relocation expenses and sponsor work permits!
Our close-knit and diverse team works from our beautiful downtown Vancouver office with sweeping views of the North Shore mountains and Burrard Inlet. Read more about our culture: https://www.keyvalues.com/routific
Routific is a Techstars ‘15 graduate and the winner of Startup Weekend Vancouver 2012.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- have experience designing, building, and testing complex scalable systems
- love mentoring, leading, and assisting other engineers
- can explain complex systems or algorithms in a clear and concise way
- code for fun and are a true hacker at heart
- have 5+ years of professional experience developing full web stack applications
- continue to have a beginner’s mind and strive to constantly learn new things, despite your extensive experience
- believe test automation is the only scalable way to ensure quality, and have built and maintained a complex automated test suite
- have built or maintained a large-scale microservice infrastructure
- have production DevOp experience in AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
Extra bonus points if you also:
- are opinionated and outspoken on engineering best practices, but can still maintain friends
- have an uncanny ability to predict the future (and build robust, long-lasting software)
We have built a route optimization platform and industry-leading API that empowers last-mile delivery businesses to work smarter and more efficiently, saving up to 40% in driving time and fuel consumption.
Routing is one of the most complex problems in Computer Science. Our founder, Marc Kuo, wrote his thesis on advanced route optimization algorithms and developed the proprietary routing engine that powers Routific.
Manual route planning is an epic waste of precious time, money and resources. Businesses are unable to deliver to their customers on time, and their growth and profit margins are bottlenecked because of poor logistics. Business owners and fleet managers struggle for hours when planning daily routes. Some use pen and paper, while others use spreadsheets or hire dispatchers. Routific changes this.