Rise Science is looking to hire a Backend Developer who will be responsible to own all parts of the backend stack powering our product.
We're building a sleep coaching service with a focus on elite athletics teams. Currently working with pro and college sports teams.
Our stack is a combination of python with heavy-lifting statistical methods, with front-ends in iOS and AngularJS.
Our product depends on real-time collection of noisy biometric data, so we have an emphasis in developing internal tooling to help with monitoring and cleaning important data.
We have a variety of projects to work on, and likely all of them will be data heavy so some experience with basic statistics is important.
An ideal candidate would be familiar, and opinionated about some of these:
- Web app architectures, we use Django
- DevOps in Heroku, AWS with Ansible and fabric
- Postgres, Redis, S3 for storage, caching, queues
- Pragmatic QA processes to maintain product velocity without dropping the ball on quality
- Monitoring and alerting with Graphite and ELK
- Architecting data pipelines both for production and data science analysis
We offer athletic organizations a comprehensive sleep coaching program that coordinates everything a player needs to improve sleep behavior and consequently performance.